Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Armor Tech Offroad

Notices

Rear Bumper Review

Old 09-10-2009, 09:01 AM   #21
Fire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Fire931's Tacoma Gallery
just wait till you see what i'm working on

your gonna want ATO on the front to!
Old 09-10-2009, 09:33 AM   #22
Fire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Fire931's Tacoma Gallery
i'm sure the rear bumper is a very nice product. there is a distinct difference between theirs and my wrap around bumper though. yes with theirs you dont have to cut. but with our wrap around bumper you get complete piece of mind. i dont just build them to "cover" the rear of the truck, i build it to PROTECT it. my bumper will easily withstand not only holding the weight of the truck, but slamming down on a rock with the entire weight of the truck with no complaints.

thats the true difference there. i'm sure mine weighs more than the AP bumper but mine is built to handle anything you can throw at it. i'm not bashing the AP bumper as it looks very nice and does give good increases in clearance. but mine does both those as well while being about as tough as you can get also. plus id like to point out that i offer several options that can be custom tailored to your needs/liking where as they just offer a standard bumper.

and once again i'm not bashing the AP in any way! just different strokes for different folks i guess....
Old 09-10-2009, 09:57 AM   #23
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by oakleyTRD View Post
the side pieces are 7g and for a bolt on are very stout i was unable to get any movement out of the ones on sarahs truck. I already have the rear bumper on my truck and rested the whole truck on it last night with no issues.
Have you rested the truck on the 7g wraparounds yet to see if they flex then? That would convince me, nothing more. If it trashes the bedsides anyway I'd rather cut them off (if I still had them )
Old 09-12-2009, 09:58 AM   #24
Fletcher007 is on a distinguished road
Name: Hollywood
Fletcher007's Tacoma Gallery
Hey armortech...with your rear bumber (not the wrap around one) if i'm looking at it from behind can i see stuff hanging down from the underneath of the truck??? If you have a picture from the rear that u could post that would help m out alot. I plan on getting your bumper with the attached hitch...thanks
Old 09-13-2009, 10:58 AM   #25
Fire931's Tacoma Gallery
i currently dont have any pictures from the rear of the truck other than what you see posted. possibly lsocoee could take one for you to see. the center of the bumper does sit slightly higher than the center on the factory bumper.
Old 09-15-2009, 07:04 AM   #26
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery

Old 09-15-2009, 07:06 AM   #27
Fire931's Tacoma Gallery
man you need to move that spare!

for those inquiring on the bolt on though.. it does hang down a few more inches compared to the wrap around pictured.
Old 09-15-2009, 07:08 AM   #28
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Old pics, 35's are going on next week, and then its those pesky inverted shackle hangars in the way...
Old 09-19-2009, 03:06 PM   #29
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
And here are the long promised photos. A few general shots showing general bumper quality and clearances. I still have not repaired my bedside panel, but I have no doubt that the fit would be good on that side as well.

I went ahead and snapped some more detailed shots for the folks worried about tow hitch capacity. I see no need for concern, but I will let everyone judge for themselves.

I am still very happy with the bumper. I haven't touched up the spots yet, but I will eventually get to that.

Old 09-19-2009, 03:12 PM   #30
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
and before anyone has a chance to say something...I was changing my oil earlier that day and when the oil hit the curve of the drain pan, the oil quickly shot up, out and onto my driveway.
Old 09-19-2009, 03:15 PM   #31
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Nice.
Old 09-20-2012, 06:01 AM   #34
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by midlife4X4fix View Post
Whose bumper is this one?
Very first ATO ever built. Literally bought it off of Kevins truck a few years back at Sping Fling in Harlan, KY.