LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Armor Tech Offroad

Notices

Silver07taco T case skid

Old 10-29-2009, 02:35 PM   #1
silver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: COIL
silver07taco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to silver07taco
Silver07taco T case skid

I got my T case skid from armor tech installed today, The skid its all one piece and very solid the crossmember is also very soild. Bolted yp very easy.

Old 10-29-2009, 02:43 PM   #2
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
looks beefy, should hold up to anything. nice!
Old 10-29-2009, 02:50 PM   #3
silver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbob View Post
looks beefy, should hold up to anything. nice!
Were goin to find out in November

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakleyTRD View Post
looks beefy, you could probably gain some clearance if you bolted to the other side of the cross member like the all pro does, the skid would need to be shorter but in theory it could work. Kevin where you at????
Yea sounds like it would work, The reason it does wrap around the crossmember is to protect it from rocks, Im was pulled out on a coner and had to beat it back flat with a 15 pound hammer(BFH)
Old 10-29-2009, 02:53 PM   #4

Quote:
i had to use a BFH to pound my AAL back into place the other day

i really need to tighten the center pin
, Ill say
Old 10-30-2009, 07:20 AM   #5
Fire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Fire931's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
looks beefy, you could probably gain some clearance if you bolted to the other side of the cross member like the all pro does, the skid would need to be shorter but in theory it could work. Kevin where you at????
there would be a very minimal gain in clearance by doing that... i intentionally wrapped it around the front of the crossmember to help protect it as well.. i've noticed quite a few crossmember beat up pretty bad from dragging on rocks.

on my truck its bent up enough that you can take all 4 bolts out that hold the center removable part of the crossmember in and it still dosnt move.. its pinched in place now.
Old 10-30-2009, 08:02 AM   #6
Black Rock Taco is on a distinguished road
Army: Nat'l guard medic and supply sgt.
Black Rock Taco's Tacoma Gallery
How much??

How much are you charging for the skid plate?
Rough idea of shipping to the west side of the country?
Old 10-31-2009, 08:56 AM   #7
Fire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Fire931's Tacoma Gallery
the skid plate sells for $325 plus shipping.. if you give me a zip code i can get a quote on shipping.

NOTE!! this specific design requires that the exhaust crossover be rerouted behind the tcase to maximize ground clearance! this allows the skid plate to have a completly flat bottom. we will be releasing a skid that dosn't require any modifications to the exhaust within acouple weeks, it will incorporate a recessed area where the exhaust drops down.
Old 10-31-2009, 05:06 PM   #8
Dark Lord of the Sith
wrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Instructor: AAAB/Bravo Co 1-210 AVN REGT/128th AVN BDE (Provisional)
Name: Ryan Mathis
Location: Lives: Newport News, VA(soon to be Ft. Carson)/Home: Leesburg, GA
wrmathis's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to wrmathis Send a message via Yahoo to wrmathis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire931 View Post

on my truck its bent up enough that you can take all 4 bolts out that hold the center removable part of the crossmember in and it still dosnt move.. its pinched in place now.

heh, i replaced that crossmemeber about 2 years after i hit it with a stump. that thing is a bitch to get in and out i had all the bolts out expecting it to fall on me and it just sat there. i had to pry it out and putting it back in wasnt any picnic either
Old 11-01-2009, 06:13 AM   #9
Fire931's Tacoma Gallery
yea.. well this design should help prevent that.. by wrapping around the front of the crossmember it should allow the skid to take the hit instead of the crossmember.
Old 11-15-2009, 05:15 PM   #10

Got back from RC today Skid worked awsome, The wrap around crossmember part is really nice.

Old 11-16-2009, 06:46 AM   #11
Wheeling mine, back to working on everyone else's
NwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
As usual, top notch work Kevin. I don't really need to say anything else.
Old 11-16-2009, 06:53 AM   #12
Ask me about the shortbus...
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Yea KEVIN it looks great KEVIN!!!

Wish I had made the trip
Old 11-16-2009, 10:07 AM   #13
Fire931's Tacoma Gallery
thanks guys!! hopefully should have the version ready soon that will accommodate the factory exhaust crossover, plus i am working on the front and middle skid as well!
Old 12-04-2009, 06:25 PM   #14
GASH is a splendid one to beholdGASH is a splendid one to beholdGASH is a splendid one to beholdGASH is a splendid one to beholdGASH is a splendid one to beholdGASH is a splendid one to beholdGASH is a splendid one to behold

Name: Josh
GASH's Tacoma Gallery
How much would shipping be to 87110? I was asking about the front skid but I think I'm going to get the t-case one first.
Old 12-09-2009, 12:55 PM   #15
BeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
BeachBoy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver07taco View Post
hey Kevin, any chance it could go straight up (i.e. closer to the case)? Looks like there is space down there.

p.s. our crossmember is stupidly in the way
Old 12-09-2009, 03:46 PM   #17
Fire931's Tacoma Gallery
yea i noticed that when he first posted up the pics and thought about that myself. since his was the prototype i was trying to make sure there was enough room for it, since on mine everything is different as far as the tcase. i suppose one good thing about that particular design is it will cover everything even with double cases.

i am most likely going to shorten it up a bit overall being as though it extends so far back beyond the tcase.