Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Armor Tech Offroad

Notices

Armortech High Clearance on my 09

Old 12-07-2009, 02:23 PM   #1
Boomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Boomtacoma01's Tacoma Gallery
Armortech High Clearance on my 09

Looking through the threads, I saw a mag grey, speedway blue and super white examples of the Armortech High clearance rear bumpers on the 05+'s.

I thought I would throw Black Sand 09 into the mix. Never mind the bald rear tires. New ones are on the way.

If you want top notch quality and great customer service; get with Kevin and he will hook you up!
Old 12-07-2009, 02:28 PM   #2
jodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonah
jodiddly33's Tacoma Gallery
Are you going to move the spare to make the high clearance part work? haha jk looks good man
Old 12-07-2009, 02:35 PM   #3
LoHoNas has much to be proud ofLoHoNas has much to be proud ofLoHoNas has much to be proud ofLoHoNas has much to be proud ofLoHoNas has much to be proud ofLoHoNas has much to be proud ofLoHoNas has much to be proud ofLoHoNas has much to be proud ofLoHoNas has much to be proud of

Name: Jeff
LoHoNas's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW! I am around 45min south of Houston in Lake Jackson How many miles do you have on those KM2's ?
Old 12-08-2009, 06:07 AM   #4
Boomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I had them on my 08 Tacoma (20K mi) as well as on my 09 Tacoma (25K mi). They would have lasted a little longer if I wouldnt have knocked the front end out of alignment on a wheeling trip to Superlift ORV park in Arkansas. The tires have been awesome. I have a new set coming soon!

I have a buddy in the Brazoswood area who drives a pretty badass Tacoma, a silver 02 DC Long Travel 4x4. You might have seen him around. He makes some wheeling trips with us in Houston (TTORA)
Old 12-08-2009, 06:10 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodiddly33 View Post
Are you going to move the spare to make the high clearance part work? haha jk looks good man
Its just under there for DD use

There is not much room in a DC with a short bed and a tool box.

I can only fit a 48qt icechest, my spare, and my toolbox in my bed at one time.

Thanks for noticing though.
Old 12-08-2009, 07:46 AM   #6
Rocking your mom's world Since 1997
drew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

drew02a's Tacoma Gallery
That is an excellent looking trim job on the bed. How'd you do it?
Old 12-08-2009, 07:57 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew02a View Post
That is an excellent looking trim job on the bed. How'd you do it?
Kevin fron Armortech sent some instructions and pics on the cut job.

Basically I removed the OEM bumper.
I taped off an 8 in area of the lower quarter panel.
I made a prelim cut about 2 in below the final cut area
Then I used some 2x4's as spacers to space the bumper down from the first cut.
I measured up the width of the 2x4 and made my final cut line and proceeded with the cut.

These are kinda generic but you should get the idea.
I used a pnuematic cut off tool for all the cuts. It took about 4 hrs to do. It should have taken about 2 hrs if I had a decent air compressor.
Old 12-09-2009, 12:54 PM   #8
BeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
BeachBoy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jodiddly33 View Post
yeah spare has to go

I still have my goofy exhaust pipe out there, I need to get rid of it asap!
Old 12-09-2009, 12:54 PM   #9
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Damn
Old 12-09-2009, 10:28 PM   #10
LoHoNas has much to be proud ofLoHoNas has much to be proud ofLoHoNas has much to be proud ofLoHoNas has much to be proud ofLoHoNas has much to be proud ofLoHoNas has much to be proud ofLoHoNas has much to be proud ofLoHoNas has much to be proud ofLoHoNas has much to be proud of

LoHoNas's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomtacoma01 View Post
I had them on my 08 Tacoma (20K mi) as well as on my 09 Tacoma (25K mi). They would have lasted a little longer if I wouldnt have knocked the front end out of alignment on a wheeling trip to Superlift ORV park in Arkansas. The tires have been awesome. I have a new set coming soon!

I have a buddy in the Brazoswood area who drives a pretty badass Tacoma, a silver 02 DC Long Travel 4x4. You might have seen him around. He makes some wheeling trips with us in Houston (TTORA)
Sorry this is a little late I just noticed this. I have actually bumped in to him around here and there. This past summer I made 3 camping/tubeing trips to Lazy L&L campground on the Guadalupe river, he was there for 2 of them what are the odds?
Old 12-09-2009, 10:36 PM   #11

LoHoNas's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

That's Prob. the first realistic mileage numbers I have seen. Hope Mine last a while So I guess you will get a set of KM2's for your 2010 taco when you get it ?
Old 12-09-2009, 10:46 PM   #12
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great!
Old 12-11-2009, 05:12 AM   #13
Fire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Fire931's Tacoma Gallery
thanks for posting up!!! again it looks great!
Old 12-14-2009, 12:31 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachBoy View Post
yeah spare has to go

I still have my goofy exhaust pipe out there, I need to get rid of it asap!

The spare is there just for DD use not wheelin. It goes in the bed then.

Hurry and trim that exhaust man; it just takes a minute or 2.

I was actually supposed to go on one of thoose tubing trips to Land La on the Brazos but I got hung up on a job in Egypt and didint make it back in time.

There is no 2010 Taco in my future My insurance cant take it right now God willing
Old 12-14-2009, 12:51 PM   #15
BeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
BeachBoy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Kevin fron Armortech sent some instructions and pics on the cut job.

Basically I removed the OEM bumper.
I taped off an 8 in area of the lower quarter panel.
I made a prelim cut about 2 in below the final cut area
Then I used some 2x4's as spacers to space the bumper down from the first cut.
I measured up the width of the 2x4 and made my final cut line and proceeded with the cut.

These are kinda generic but you should get the idea.
I used a pnuematic cut off tool for all the cuts. It took about 4 hrs to do. It should have taken about 2 hrs if I had a decent air compressor.
I have my install pictures here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/thebeac...7619664362000/ (just click on the next ones)
Old 01-08-2010, 08:44 AM   #16

I got another present in the mail from Kevin today.

An Armortech Offroad Shackle flip kit. Im kind of glad that I didnt install my new-to-me Allpro Rears and flip kit the other day.

Nice looking setup Kevin, Thanks again. I will put up some pics after I get it installed. It will be a week or so though.
Old 05-23-2010, 10:18 AM   #17
DaveSmith has a spectacular aura aboutDaveSmith has a spectacular aura aboutDaveSmith has a spectacular aura about
Army: Navy / Army
Name: Dave
DaveSmith's Tacoma Gallery
Dimension request?

Can someone post how far down the bottom edge of the bumper is from the bottom edge of the tail lights?

If one doesn't have a fork lift for install how many guys (on average) does it take to lift this beast into place while drawing out your cut lines. Will one guy on each side be sufficient?

Thanks.
Old 05-23-2010, 05:43 PM   #18
Fire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Fire931's Tacoma Gallery
i did the install on otismonkey's truck several weeks ago in my driveway at home.. he and i were able to lift it into place without to much trouble.