LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Armor Tech Offroad

Notices

ATO Front Skid Plate Intro Sale

Old 03-27-2010, 03:04 PM   #101
Sometimes I drink water...
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
my quick pic....i added some rustoleum

Old 04-03-2010, 10:08 PM   #102
tonyplanet will become famous soon enoughtonyplanet will become famous soon enough

tonyplanet's Tacoma Gallery
Torque Spec

I can't find the torque spec for the bolts in the FSM.

What is the torque spec for the four 17mm bolts and the two rear 12mm bolts?
Old 04-19-2010, 03:11 PM   #103
Redgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brent
Redgrom's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone know if this skid will work with a all pro bumper? If anyone has this setup could you post a pic?
Thanks
Old 04-19-2010, 05:00 PM   #104
Sometimes I drink water...
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redgrom View Post
Anyone know if this skid will work with a all pro bumper? If anyone has this setup could you post a pic?
Thanks
i'm running this. the AP bumper is close to where skid flares out where it mounts to the front. it fits and doesnt rub. too dark to take installed pis right now though
Old 04-20-2010, 04:40 AM   #105
Fire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Fire931's Tacoma Gallery
the original pictures in the first post shows it with an all pro bumper...
Old 04-20-2010, 07:03 AM   #106
Redgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brent
Redgrom's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry, thought that was something you had built.
Looks good and thanks for the info.
Old 04-20-2010, 09:15 AM   #107
Fire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Fire931's Tacoma Gallery
thanks... just started a new thread for another round on the front skids.. if your interested or want to get in on it just post up in it.
Old 05-21-2010, 02:06 PM   #108
DaveSmith has a spectacular aura aboutDaveSmith has a spectacular aura aboutDaveSmith has a spectacular aura about
Army: Navy / Army
Name: Dave
DaveSmith's Tacoma Gallery
I will be buying full skids in July and don't want to spend too much over $1,000 for front to back protection. Is there going to be an ArmorTech competitor to Budbuilt?

Please post pics if you have them.
Old 05-21-2010, 02:58 PM   #109
BRT
BigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
BigRedToy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveSmith View Post
I will be buying full skids in July and don't want to spend too much over $1,000 for front to back protection. Is there going to be an ArmorTech competitor to Budbuilt?

Please post pics if you have them.
From what I can tell this skid is like the front and mid skid from Budbuilt. Once Kevin finishes the T-case skid it will be bullet proof. Unless you plan and using the entire bottom of your truck to slide up obstacles this skid will take most everything you throw at it.

Correct me if I am wrong but Kevins skids will be a 2 piece combo. Maybe a gas tank skid in the future?
Old 05-21-2010, 02:59 PM   #110
Prez of @battleborntacomas and ASSHOLE!
MOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Daniel
MOT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire931 View Post
I'd like to offer up to you guys a deal on the new front skid plates we're offering...

the skids are made from 1/4" plate, thus making them the beefiest front skid plate on the market for the 2nd gen Tacomas... they use 6 factory mounting locations directly to the frame and cover everything from the front crossmember back behind the front axle... they also incorporate an opening for the oil drain plug so there is no need to remove them to service the vehicle. they are entirely laser cut and cnc bent for maximum precision.

the intro price will be $289 for the first 10 orders plus shipping. they come painted in a satin black finish which is easily touched up because lets face it... its a skid and its going to get beat up right! estimated shipping costs are approximately $50

Will this fit a procomp 6 inch lift?
Old 05-21-2010, 03:06 PM   #111
Fire931's Tacoma Gallery
actually when finished up it will be a 3 piece set... the front skid, middle skid, and tcase skid. that will cover everything from the front all the way to the rear of the tcase... still not real sure on a gas tank skid.

the current design will not fit with a drop bracket lift (4.5" or 6") i've been wanting to get with someone who has a 6" kit to make the modifications necessary to make it work properly but havnen't been able to do so yet.
Old 05-21-2010, 03:09 PM   #112
Prez of @battleborntacomas and ASSHOLE!
MOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Daniel
MOT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire931 View Post
actually when finished up it will be a 3 piece set... the front skid, middle skid, and tcase skid. that will cover everything from the front all the way to the rear of the tcase... still not real sure on a gas tank skid.

the current design will not fit with a drop bracket lift (4.5" or 6") i've been wanting to get with someone who has a 6" kit to make the modifications necessary to make it work properly but havnen't been able to do so yet.

I can be you ginepig haha! If thats how you spell it!
Old 05-21-2010, 03:11 PM   #113
BRT
BigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
BigRedToy's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the follow up!
Old 05-21-2010, 03:21 PM   #114
Fire931's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murdered_Out_Taco View Post
I can be you ginepig haha! If thats how you spell it!
well if you wanna drive over!
Old 10-29-2011, 03:29 PM   #115
upcountry is on a distinguished road
upcountry's Tacoma Gallery
I have been following this thread for a while. Finally have money and want to replace front skid.

Have any of your customers had an ARB Gen II front bumper?

I have the "old style" ARB front bumper (no fog light reccess) and am curous if your nicely designed skid will work with the ARB bumpers.

Also, on install is in neccessay to remove the two IFS box struts that run from the front frame crossover to the IFS box? The All Pro setup requires that you remove these two "strut bars" (see: https://www.allprooffroad.com/images...acoIFSSkid.pdf ).

Or, does your skid setup just "bolt on"?

Thanks, I like what you have been designing. Keep it up.

DP