Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Armor Tech Offroad

Notices

The latest full on rear bumper build by ATO!

Old 05-26-2010, 11:39 AM   #41
rhys is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhys is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhys is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhys is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhys is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhys is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhys is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhys is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhys is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhys is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhys is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: helo electrician
rhys's Tacoma Gallery
very nice. so would it be 800 ish for that same exact design? or would there be an extra charge too for the designing you did and havent got paid for yet? also what would you rate the towing/ tongue capacities at? i think im gonna buy one when i get money. i think 800ish is more than reasonable.

oh, just thought of this. how does it hold up over bumps? is it solid or is there a little rattle?
Old 05-26-2010, 02:34 PM   #43
Prepared for Bambi
Jason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Jason'sLawnCare's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by borderbrat View Post
yeah but why is the truck for sale?
Check out his sig. There's a link to it for sale and he explains that he wants to start another project. As sad as it is to see him selling his truck I'm looking forward to the next project.
Old 05-26-2010, 02:46 PM   #44
UG legend wannabe
snowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
snowgod06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhys View Post
very nice. so would it be 800 ish for that same exact design? or would there be an extra charge too for the designing you did and havent got paid for yet? also what would you rate the towing/ tongue capacities at? i think im gonna buy one when i get money. i think 800ish is more than reasonable.

oh, just thought of this. how does it hold up over bumps? is it solid or is there a little rattle?
i think from a previous post, 800 was the cost for the design and build of the swing away alone. Then you have to add the cost of the bumper itself with the features you want.
Old 05-26-2010, 02:53 PM   #45
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowgod06 View Post
i think from a previous post, 800 was the cost for the design and build of the swing away alone. Then you have to add the cost of the bumper itself with the features you want.
Yeah, so for this one with his listed prices and the options shown, it comes out around $1600
Old 05-26-2010, 03:20 PM   #46
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire931 View Post
this particular build ended up pretty high, however there were a few details that caused a price increase that don't apply to normal bumpers. the bumper itself is priced normal with the options is has, then the swing out is priced separate. this particular swing out ended up costing somewhere around $800

before you guys go off the deep end about pricing think about it like this......

i was speaking with a local welder guy over the weekend about the bumper. he told me that in his shop he no longer will "design" anything. the customer must bring the design to him ready to be built. he said, and it made since after i listened to it, that people only want to pay for the actual work being done, and don't expect to pay for all the design time that goes into building something.

on our standard bumpers there really isn't any design time that goes into them since we have templates and whatnot to build off of, however on something custom like this it takes some time to draw out the idea and make everything fit just right.
$800 is very accomodating IMO.

My buddy just had one built for his '93 F150 by a local guy (Bronco Bumpers?) and the rear ran him over $1000 and it's not nearly as functional as yours

edit: nvm
Old 05-26-2010, 04:12 PM   #47
Fire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Fire931's Tacoma Gallery
thanks guys!

and you are correct, its around $1600 for something of this magnitude... this is one heck of a bumper and is no easy chore to fabricate. there is alot of material involved, some of it being quite pricey. the spindle/hinge assembly itself is a decent chunk of change, however the piece of mind it gives knowing it is more than strong enough to hold the tire, both fuel cans full, and me sitting on top of the tire with no sag at all is worth the price of it. as far as shaking goes.. on the road it does not budge at all, i'm sure loaded down and on the trail it will have a slight shake to it but i guarantee it won't be much, the hinge on this thing is over 3" in diameter!

also just doing a wrap around with all the options and a swing out with JUST a tire carrier would be a bit cheaper obviously... this one just has alot to it....
Old 05-26-2010, 07:47 PM   #48
Fire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Fire931's Tacoma Gallery
just so you guys know.. if i were paying a employee standard wages to build this bumper, at that price the company wouldn't make any money on it...
Old 05-26-2010, 08:00 PM   #49
Prepared for Bambi
Jason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Jason'sLawnCare's Tacoma Gallery
I think it's a reasonable price. Most people only see and understand the final product they don't understand all the behind the scenes stuff like rent, utilities bill, equipment, supplies, possibly vehicle, computers, design software etc etc etc.
Old 05-26-2010, 08:05 PM   #50
-Empty-
KaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Aaron
KaoskrewPB's Tacoma Gallery
That is just awesome...

I think i need to start saving
Old 05-26-2010, 08:19 PM   #51
Happy Camper
SamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SamSter0077's Tacoma Gallery
Wow, I am in love with that Bumper! Extremely Useful! That is what I want, but need to budget for it. Maybe X-mas?
Old 05-26-2010, 08:28 PM   #52
distinguished bongo truck art critic
Mxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police Platoon Leader
Name: Chase
Mxpatriot's Tacoma Gallery
Me want!!!!
Old 05-27-2010, 11:00 AM   #53
rhys is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhys is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhys is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhys is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhys is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhys is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhys is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhys is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhys is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhys is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhys is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rhys's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire931 View Post
the hinge on this thing is over 3" in diameter!
Old 05-30-2010, 11:14 PM   #54
distinguished bongo truck art critic
Mxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police Platoon Leader
Name: Chase
Mxpatriot's Tacoma Gallery
Nevermind just read it above.
Old 07-30-2010, 12:37 PM   #55

rhys's Tacoma Gallery
bump cause its bad ass
Old 08-14-2010, 02:34 PM   #56
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Old 08-26-2010, 12:55 AM   #57
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
HBMurphy's Tacoma Gallery
That 'For Sale' sign is VERY unflattering!!! Get that thing off that rig and bring it on out to Moab in October!!!
Old 08-26-2010, 01:16 AM   #58
duckdoctor is a splendid one to beholdduckdoctor is a splendid one to beholdduckdoctor is a splendid one to beholdduckdoctor is a splendid one to beholdduckdoctor is a splendid one to beholdduckdoctor is a splendid one to beholdduckdoctor is a splendid one to behold

duckdoctor's Tacoma Gallery
damn!!!! i just had done been shatting myself!!!! nice work!!
Old 02-01-2011, 02:59 PM   #60
Fire931's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys! To date this is still my favorite build although the new bumper for my personal truck is shaping up to out do this one in my book.