Tacoma World Forums

Tacoma World Forums (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/)
-   Armor Tech Offroad (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/armor-tech-offroad/)
-   -   Paging Kevin! (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/armor-tech-offroad/244361-paging-kevin.html)

SCFirefighter 10-17-2012 12:07 PM

Paging Kevin!

I have money for you! Left you a PM, Email and VM. Get back with me if you want it! :-)

Delmarva 10-17-2012 12:12 PM

You could always send it to me... :D

:laugh:

SCFirefighter 10-17-2012 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delmarva (Post 5850136)
You could always send it to me... :D

:laugh:

Get me one of his bumpers and I'll get you the money. Deal! :D

thegreatwall23 10-19-2012 09:43 AM

Same Here

I am in the same boat... I sent him some money via paypal about a month ago and I have received a single email regarding it. I have emailed him twice to see when he expected it would ship and if he received the payment, etc... No response as of yet. I know everyone on here loves his stuff, so I am guessing something out of the ordinary is going on with him. I am sure he will eventually get back to us, but I hate waiting. lol...

SCFirefighter 10-22-2012 08:44 AM

He has been unresponsive for over a month? Don't get me wrong, I hope everything is ok with him but that's not particularly confidence inspiring.

thegreatwall23 10-22-2012 10:37 AM

Yeah, I hear ya... I am kinda losing hope at this point, but I really hope I am wrong.

Does anyone out there know him or know what is going on? The situation just seems a little odd. I mean, he has been selling stuff on here for years and then one day out of the blue, no one hears from him. I emailed him about a part, he emailed me back a couple of days later. I sent the money that day he emailed me and sent him an email and no response since.

Slimwood Shady 10-22-2012 11:56 AM

There is one for sale in Richmond VA for $700 on craigslist

nimrod712 10-25-2012 11:37 AM

Same here. Sent him some money a while back and haven't heard anything since...

XXXX 10-25-2012 11:50 AM

From the hearsay I have heard he just hit a little bump in the road and will be fine very shortly.

No need to get worried IMHO.

He was never great at getting back to people ASAP so stick it out.

If you covered your bases when you sent the money no matter what happens your covered. If you didn't well then your just a jackass, but I still see no need to worry.

thegreatwall23 10-25-2012 08:33 PM

Good to hear. Hopefully we will be hearing from him shortly.

brutalguyracing 10-26-2012 08:19 PM

:popcorn:

XXXX 10-28-2012 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XXXX (Post 5893169)
From the hearsay I have heard he just hit a little bump in the road and will be fine very shortly.

No need to get worried IMHO.

He was never great at getting back to people ASAP so stick it out.

If you covered your bases when you sent the money no matter what happens your covered. If you didn't well then your just a jackass, but I still see no need to worry.

I totally retract this statement :(

SCFirefighter 10-28-2012 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XXXX (Post 5906577)
I totally retract this statement :(

Because...?

brutalguyracing 10-28-2012 02:51 PM

Konaborne 10-28-2012 02:53 PM

XXXX 10-28-2012 03:27 PM

No comment.

It's not my place nor do I know anything, so best just to retract my initial statement.

98tacoma27 10-29-2012 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thegreatwall23 (Post 5875080)
Yeah, I hear ya... I am kinda losing hope at this point, but I really hope I am wrong.

Does anyone out there know him or know what is going on? The situation just seems a little odd. I mean, he has been selling stuff on here for years and then one day out of the blue, no one hears from him. I emailed him about a part, he emailed me back a couple of days later. I sent the money that day he emailed me and sent him an email and no response since.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nimrod712 (Post 5893097)
Same here. Sent him some money a while back and haven't heard anything since...

When did you guys send him money?

thegreatwall23 10-29-2012 12:15 PM

I sent mine on September 24th... $75 for Hi-lift bed mount, shipping, etc...

sntckr 11-03-2012 09:56 PM

Gents,

I bought a bumper, skid, and some other gear from Kevin and picked it up in late Spring. From my experience, he was not always the speediest in communication. He may have not gotten back to me right away, but it was always within the week. When I ordered my gear I was not in a rush. I let time go by without saying anything about slipping completion dates, but when it finally came down to me needing my stuff done and I spoke up, he took care of it promptly. When I went to his house to pick my stuff up he was an absolute gentleman and appeared to me to be completely genuine. In fact, there was something that didn't meet my expectation (which he realized) and he brought it up first and took care of it without me even having to open my mouth. (I'm not going to go into details on that, but rest assured it had nothing to do with craftsmanship, which is top notch.) Anyway, despite not being an immediate communicator and not finishing production until asked, I walked away from the transaction very pleased with the person and the product. I would definitely go back to him in a heart beat. I really think he is a small business owner that is truly interested in our community.

I have been off Net for a while now and just read this thread for the first time. But that is my two cents. I hope all is well with Kevin and I hope that everybody that has money tied up gets things straightened out. I understand the frustration out there right now. I hope it all works out.

sntckr

the.sight.picture 11-03-2012 10:00 PM