Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Armor

Notices

===>BUMPERS<=== - 2nd Gens Only

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-31-2013, 05:51 PM   #821
Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see.
Toyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Toyota Tech31's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by curly678 View Post
Check out Blue lake off road In Dunwoody ga They got Some pretty decent prices on their off road bumpers.

www.bluelakeoffroad.com
Not much for styling, but maybe someone will like them. Definitely not for me though.
Old 08-31-2013, 06:00 PM   #822
Kaboom90 is on a distinguished road

Name: Austin
Kaboom90's Tacoma Gallery
Those look very similar to tactical armor groups products. Was there a buy out?
Old 08-31-2013, 07:39 PM   #823
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by curly678 View Post
Check out Blue lake off road In Dunwoody ga They got Some pretty decent prices on their off road bumpers.

www.bluelakeoffroad.com
Looks like Kennesaw mountain/TAG is taking on another name
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaboom90 View Post
Those look very similar to tactical armor groups products. Was there a buy out?
yep good eye.
Old 09-11-2013, 10:35 PM   #824
NICK
sn0b0rdr is on a distinguished road

Name: Nick
sn0b0rdr's Tacoma Gallery
*Luxury Extreme Motorsports "Grappler" Front Bumper*
Call/Text Jason, 480.338.5696
Attached Thumbnails
===>BUMPERS<=== - 2nd Gens Only-3_photo-2.jpg   ===>BUMPERS<=== - 2nd Gens Only-4_photo-3.jpg   ===>BUMPERS<=== - 2nd Gens Only-5_photo-4.jpg  
Old 09-11-2013, 10:46 PM   #825
luvsoffroading
tacomarich is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarich is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarich is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarich is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarich is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarich is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarich is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarich is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarich is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarich is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarich is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: rich
tacomarich's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sn0b0rdr View Post
thats bad ass
Old 09-12-2013, 09:08 AM   #826
07tacokm is on a distinguished road
Name: Kyle
07tacokm's Tacoma Gallery
anyone know if the relentless fabrication front bumper will be able to fit the factory foglights
Old 09-12-2013, 10:08 AM   #827
RAGEAHOLIC
mh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sergeant, 12th MAR HQ BTRY TAP
Name: MAD MIKE
mh.meier's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sn0b0rdr View Post

Thats a nice looking tube bumper.
Old 09-12-2013, 02:52 PM   #828
ON VACATION!
HomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
HomerTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07tacokm View Post
anyone know if the relentless fabrication front bumper will be able to fit the factory foglights
There was a few posts on that in Eric's section... I'm pretty sure you can but you have to use a specific process to mount them.

My elite bumper is similar And I have stock fogs minted in mine...
Old 09-13-2013, 06:34 AM   #829
Toyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Got a question about my bruteforce hybrid.

I got my bumper yesterday and am dry excited to mount it. I also got my frame support brackets since I will be mounting a winch. For the most part this is all pretty straight forward.

My question is, where do these plates go that came with the frame supports? I believe they go on the inside of the frame for added support. I think when I mount the supports the rearward bolt goes through the frame and through these plates then then nut goes on the bolt. Does this sound correct???

Old 09-13-2013, 06:50 AM   #830
GROVE ST. MOTORSPORTS
allmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gideon
allmotorrex's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyota Tech31 View Post

I got my bumper yesterday and am dry excited to mount it. I also got my frame support brackets since I will be mounting a winch. For the most part this is all pretty straight forward.

My question is, where do these plates go that came with the frame supports? I believe they go on the inside of the frame for added support. I think when I mount the supports the rearward bolt goes through the frame and through these plates then then nut goes on the bolt. Does this sound correct???

That's exactly what they do. Inside of the frame rail, opposite of those big brackets. There's only 1 hole on the frame right there which is why tha plate only has 1 hole but I drilled a second hole through just because
Old 09-13-2013, 06:51 AM   #831
Tasty fish in a tortilla
SalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
SalmonTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Correct. I just installed those last week. You will need a 1/2" drill bit. I had to cut a corner off the passenger side plate as there was a power steering bracket in the way.
Old 09-13-2013, 07:11 AM   #833

===>BUMPERS<=== - 2nd Gens Only

Ok, still slightly confused. I just took a bolt out to my truck and checked. I have 2 holes through the frame on both sides of the truck. Where do I need to drill the hole? In the plate?

Sorry to be a pain, just want to make sure I get this right.
Old 09-13-2013, 08:12 AM   #834
GROVE ST. MOTORSPORTS
allmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gideon
allmotorrex's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ok, still slightly confused. I just took a bolt out to my truck and checked. I have 2 holes through the frame on both sides of the truck. Where do I need to drill the hole? In the plate?

You don't have to drill a hole. That one bolt holds fine. But yes, drill the hole in the plate. Just stick the plate up there and line up the one hole and mark it from the otherside. You are doin right.
Old 09-13-2013, 08:24 AM   #835
I Give No F#$%!
JediNinja is a splendid one to beholdJediNinja is a splendid one to beholdJediNinja is a splendid one to beholdJediNinja is a splendid one to beholdJediNinja is a splendid one to beholdJediNinja is a splendid one to beholdJediNinja is a splendid one to beholdJediNinja is a splendid one to behold

Navy:
JediNinja's Tacoma Gallery
I want one of thos bumpers
Old 09-13-2013, 10:24 AM   #836
Tasty fish in a tortilla
SalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
SalmonTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I bolted it together woth the one that lined up, then drilled the frame and backing plate at the same time. I pilot holed the outside of the frame with a smaller bit, but it was way to short to reach the inside of the frame. The 1/2" bit reached all the way though. ;D I only had WD-40 (wish I had cutting oil), and that plate is thick and took some time to drill through. Second bolt dropped right in, no problem.

I am getting a creak from my passenger side, however. I might pull the plates off and grease where they contact the frame.
Old 09-13-2013, 10:30 AM   #837

I just got off the phone with billy. He told me what you guys are telling me about drilling the frame and plate. He was a little shocked to hear that on both sides of my truck I have 2 holes that the bolts go straight threw. So in talking to him we narrowed down that all I should only need to drill is the plates (hopefully). So I going to line up the plates with the supports today and start drilling.
Old 09-14-2013, 05:30 PM   #838

Ok, I am one to admit when I was wrong. This was one of those times. I installed the bumper and winch today and sure enough found that I do in fact need to drill a hole in the frame. Since I still have to wire up the winch I will be drilling those 2 holes next week. Otherwise I absolutely love this bruteforce hybrid.

Old 09-14-2013, 05:35 PM   #839
Previously "MGMTacoFF"
CanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
CanisLupus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ok, I am one to admit when I was wrong. This was one of those times. I installed the bumper and winch today and sure enough found that I do in fact need to drill a hole in the frame. Since I still have to wire up the winch I will be drilling those 2 holes next week. Otherwise I absolutely love this bruteforce hybrid.

Looks sweet!

Matt
Old 09-14-2013, 10:01 PM   #840
penguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
penguins_cc's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to penguins_cc
Quote:
Nice color keyed daystar d-ring quiet thingamajigs. It's always the little touches that count

Products Discussed in this Thread