Delta00's 2002 Tacoma 4WD

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Armor

Notices

Removing Tire Swing Out on HC Bumper?

Old 12-17-2014, 12:32 PM   #1
TheNatural is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheNatural is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheNatural is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheNatural is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheNatural is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheNatural is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheNatural is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheNatural is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheNatural is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheNatural is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheNatural is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TheNatural's Tacoma Gallery
Removing Tire Swing Out on HC Bumper?

Hi guys, I searched around but I couldn't really find a definitive answer to my question. I want to get a high clearance rear bumper and I'd love to get a swing out with the spare tire mount. Problem is, when I'm not wheeling I often need to leave the tailgate down to haul a snowmobile, etc. How difficult is it to remove the swing out? Is it feasible to throw it on to hold another spare and a gas can just for wheeling trips, or is that going to be too much of a pain in the ass to be worth while?
Old 12-17-2014, 01:13 PM   #2
Wild Earp is on a distinguished road
Name: Ben
Wild Earp's Tacoma Gallery
The good ones mount using a trailer spindle, so you would have to remove a dust cap, a spindle nut and locking mechanism, and two greased up bearings. Unless you want to remove it very infrequently, I think it would be a pain. Plus you would need some what to protect the exposed spindle once its off (from rust especially).
Old 12-17-2014, 01:22 PM   #3
Senor Taco
Mademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Mademan925's Tacoma Gallery
I have a cbi. It does remove. It is a pain. I can do it in around 30 minutes.
Old 12-17-2014, 03:22 PM   #4
TheNatural is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheNatural is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheNatural is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheNatural is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheNatural is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheNatural is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheNatural is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheNatural is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheNatural is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheNatural is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheNatural is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TheNatural's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys. It sounds like it could be part of a seasonal changeover.. Ditch the bed rack, RTT and tire swing out for snowmobile season, then throw it all back on for wheeling season. Sucks if I need to haul anything during the summer months... but I guess I could deal with spending that extra half hour the rare time it comes up.
Old 03-15-2015, 05:54 PM   #5
Dragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
Dragons Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the idea. I may see about having my mount bolt to a bracket on the spindle for quick removal.