1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bed cage feedback on manufacturers

Discussion in 'Armor' started by Erik65, Mar 30, 2015.

1. Mar 30, 2015 at 10:09 PM
    Erik65

Erik65 [OP] Dog slave

Member:
    First Name:
    Erik
    Oxford, MA
    Vehicle:
    2011 Timberland Mica TX Pro DC
    Stainless exhaust, 16" TRD wheels, 285x75x16 MTR Kevlars, Icon Stage IV, Icon Secondary shock hoop with adjustable remote reservoir bypass shocks, ATO shackle flip kit, AP U-bolt flip, AP Skids (IFS, transmission, T-case, diff cover)
    I performed some searches and couldn't find anything to satisfy my questions about bed cages so here's my thread to get some answers (hopefully). I am looking to add a bed cage to my truck as a platform for a RTT as well as the added flexibility and functionality they add. I particularly like the design of SOS Concept's cage that in compatible with a Bestop soft cap. I was most recently looking at Brute Force Fab's design for their bed cage which mounts to the bed floor, as opposed to the rails. They state that this configuration is stronger and more appropriate for use with RTTs and other heavy add-ons that could put stress on the bed sides if the cage mounts solely to the rails. Does anyone here have any experience with bed side damage from stress related to the load on a bed cage mounted this way? I want to make the best choice for the function I want the cage to fulfill but I would also love to have something like the Bestop under the cage as well. Anyway--any and all real world experience feedback is greatly appreciated!

2. Apr 8, 2015 at 5:28 PM
    Erik65

Erik65 [OP] Dog slave

Member:
    First Name:
    Erik
    Oxford, MA
    Vehicle:
    Stainless exhaust, 16" TRD wheels, 285x75x16 MTR Kevlars, Icon Stage IV, Icon Secondary shock hoop with adjustable remote reservoir bypass shocks, ATO shackle flip kit, AP U-bolt flip, AP Skids (IFS, transmission, T-case, diff cover)
    Bump-?

3. Apr 8, 2015 at 6:26 PM
    ALBtacoma

ALBtacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Pete
    Red deer AB, Canada
    Vehicle:
    07 trail limo trd sport
    I believe with the bed rack attaching to the rail you just need to watch the feet. If they run the whole length of the rail you should be ok when flexing as the weight is spread across the whole thing. But if the feet for the rack are only where the bars meet the rail then all the weight is on that one spot and could cause the bed to split. I am having a sos rack delivered as we speak. I chose this rack because I wanted the extra space in the bed I know it doesn't gain a lot of space but every bit helps. I will be putting a rtt on my rack. If you go onto the rtt bs thread in the off road section I'm sure people will give some more feedback.

4. Apr 8, 2015 at 9:20 PM
    Erik65

Erik65 [OP] Dog slave

Member:
    First Name:
    Erik
    Oxford, MA
    Vehicle:
    Cool thanks for the feedback--did you get the one that's compatible with a Bestop or the other design?

5. Apr 9, 2015 at 5:47 AM
    ALBtacoma

ALBtacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Pete
    Red deer AB, Canada
    Vehicle:
    07 trail limo trd sport
    I got the advantage rack I debated getting the bestop one. In the rtt bs thread the guy who started the thread has the sos bestop rack he would be able to give you great feedback. I think his name Sgt cap.

6. Apr 9, 2015 at 3:02 PM
    H0LLYW00D

H0LLYW00D Well-Known Member

Member:
    I have an All-Pro rack with a decent amount of weight on it for the last 2 years and have had no issues with the rack, truck or the bedsides moving at all, its all still as solid as day 1.

7. Apr 11, 2015 at 9:51 PM
    Erik65

Erik65 [OP] Dog slave

Member:
    First Name:
    Erik
    Oxford, MA
    Vehicle:
    Great feed back thanks guys :thumbsup:

Products Discussed in

To Top