Notices

clock removal from dash

Old 07-02-2010, 12:15 PM   #1
Pacific Rim Mushrooms
takaya49 will become famous soon enoughtakaya49 will become famous soon enough

Name: Brent
takaya49's Tacoma Gallery
clock removal from dash

ok, im stumped a little.. im removing my stereo from 2006 tacoma and cant get the darn hazard/clock out after removing the unit.
I read there are 4 clips holding this in place but im at the point where there is plastic behind it bending so much it will break if i tug...
any pics or help??
Old 07-02-2010, 12:21 PM   #2
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
kinda hard to explain, but I just took a screwdriver to push out the tabs, and push it out by applying pressure to the front
Old 07-02-2010, 12:28 PM   #3
Pacific Rim Mushrooms
takaya49 will become famous soon enoughtakaya49 will become famous soon enough

Name: Brent
takaya49's Tacoma Gallery
but where are the tabs?
anyone with pics?
Old 07-02-2010, 12:46 PM   #4
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ET2(SS) veteran.
Name: Ryan J. Boutin
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
I use a plastic spatula from the kitchen and pry under the trim piece to get the A/C controls off. It should pop right off.

Then, get a flashlight and look in there, upwards a little bit, there should be 4 screws holding it in.

Next, yank on it a little and it will pop out.
Old 07-02-2010, 01:21 PM   #5
kramer2k is a name known to allkramer2k is a name known to allkramer2k is a name known to allkramer2k is a name known to allkramer2k is a name known to allkramer2k is a name known to all

kramer2k's Tacoma Gallery
^ There are no screws holding the clock/hazard button to the dash. If I'm understanding the OP correctly, he's beyond removing the radio dash trim. He's now trying to get the clock/hazard button out.

There are only four plastic pieces that are being held on by the large dash piece.

Like mentioned, get something very skinny (like something you'd slide beside an aftermarket HU to remove it from the mount) and slide it along the outside of the clock/hazard button piece.

It took me a few minutes to figure it out myself. I just did it last night. The little notches are along the long sides of the clock/hazard piece. Two on each side, about an inch from the edge.
Old 07-02-2010, 01:26 PM   #6
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but I've taken it off 3 times now and have never had an issue.

You have to take the whole radio assembly out in order to get at the clock.
Old 07-02-2010, 02:05 PM   #7
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanjboutin View Post
Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but I've taken it off 3 times now and have never had an issue.

You have to take the whole radio assembly out in order to get at the clock.
yes, we are passed that stage. OP now wants to remove the clock from the bezel

Quote:
Originally Posted by takaya49 View Post
ok, im stumped a little.. im removing my stereo from 2006 tacoma and cant get the darn hazard/clock out after removing the unit.
Old 07-02-2010, 03:43 PM   #8
Mob parking lots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjonags32 View Post
yes, we are passed that stage. OP now wants to remove the clock from the bezel
Hmmm, reading, pffft.
Old 04-02-2011, 11:17 AM   #9
jammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant future

Name: James
jammdogg's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to jammdogg
NEED help ASAP please

Alright, I am trying to do the same thing on my 07 with stock deck, replacing with a scoshe unit, and I cannot get the clock out. I am sliding a small trowel between the outside of the unit. It seems to be hung up on the top. I can feel the snap tabs, but cannot get the thing to release. Please help.

Dash torn apart....
Old 04-02-2011, 02:13 PM   #10
DoubleB is on a distinguished road
DoubleB's Tacoma Gallery
I just finished up my complete install today on my 06 double cab and struggled with this as well. There are 6 tabs that hold in in place. 2 on top, 2 on bottom, and one on each side. I used 6 medium screwdrivers placed near each tab, then gently pried them while pushing the clock from the front (it helps to have another person). Then the clock slipped right out. You just have to make sure that you get all 6 tabs unhooked before it will come out.

My system now consists of
Kenwood BT848U HU with built in bluetooth
Image Dynamics CTX6X9s in the front doors
Kenwood 5 1/4 coaxials in the rear doors
Rockford Fosgate P3L-s12 12" sub
Orion 800.1 300w sub amp
Orion 600.1 200w amp for ID 6X9s

Sounds incredible and was well worth all the work.

Good luck with your install!!
Old 04-02-2011, 05:42 PM   #11
If The World Didn't Suck, We'd All Fall Off
Rocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
Rocketball's Tacoma Gallery
Getting the clock hazard lights unit out of the OEM radio bezel is a PITA. You just have to keep fussing with it until it comes loose. Or at least that's what I had to do.

The very small flat screw drives came in handy to pop the tabs loose, but you need a couple of them.
Old 03-21-2012, 11:35 AM   #12
mberrier is on a distinguished road
Name: Mark
mberrier's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketball View Post
Getting the clock hazard lights unit out of the OEM radio bezel is a PITA. You just have to keep fussing with it until it comes loose. Or at least that's what I had to do.

The very small flat screw drives came in handy to pop the tabs loose, but you need a couple of them.

I agree but I dont have a couple of small screwdrivers but this six pack of beer sure is helping with the frustration!
Old 03-21-2012, 11:45 AM   #13
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
Clock and ABS lights are both an extreme pain in the ass. Just take your time to get them out. Get pissed off and take a breather.... repeat.
Old 04-11-2013, 12:59 AM   #14
na5m is on a distinguished road
Marines: E3 (waaah!!!)
Name: Chris
na5m's Tacoma Gallery
2011 Taco with pics...

Quote:
Originally Posted by takaya49 View Post
but where are the tabs?
anyone with pics?
The HU must come off before the air-bag/clock mounting can be separated. The reason? There are 2 screws (circled in red in the second pic) that are not accessible with the HU in place.

Old 05-20-2013, 06:13 PM   #15
Greenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Greenbergler's Tacoma Gallery
you dont need to take out any screws. the whole white piece pops out. just get a flathead and pry it out
Old 05-16-2014, 03:25 PM   #16
TacoCamaroSS11.5 is on a distinguished road
Coast Guard: Officer
Name: Paco
TacoCamaroSS11.5's Tacoma Gallery
Clips

clock removal from dash-sideclips.jpg

clock removal from dash-topclips.jpg

heres a view of the clips, the same is on both top and bottom and on L and R....theres a total of 6. a butter knife works fine. I am sorry for the bad images and not highlighting them more but my computer doesnt have an image editing software.