1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Anyone want to sell or let me borrow a Pioneer Auto-EQ Microphone?

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Killer, Jul 2, 2010.

1. Oct 12, 2011 at 6:37 AM
    Endurozw

Endurozw War Damn Eagle!

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    Birmingham, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner DC SR5 w/ tow package
    Fold-a-cover G4 - Wranger Duratrac 265/75/16 Audio Upgrades: Pioneer AVH-P4200DVD / JL Audio HD600/4 amp / Hybrid Audio 6.5 Clarus up front / Arc Audio 10 in subwoofer
    I read in some reviews on Amazon that if you having the parking brake bypass / an external amp that this auto-eq can be somewhat of a pain? @ Killer / MrMumbels, did you guys ever see a big benefit from using this? I had honestly forgotten that the device even existed until I was digging through my manual last night.

2. Oct 12, 2011 at 7:03 AM
    Killer

Killer [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Mobile, Al.
    Vehicle:
    98 4x4 TRD V6 3.4L SR5 XCab Gold with Tan Int
    19,000 Original Miles, Factory Alarm, Factory Tow Package, Low Profile UWS Black Tool Box, 20ft. of Dynamat Xtreme, Pioneer Double Din DVD 3200BT, IPod Holder, Q Form Kick Panels, 3 Pairs of MB Quart component speakers, JL Audio Stealthbox, Alpine PDX-5 amp, PIAA Foglights, WeatherTech Floor Mats, Maxxis Big Horn Mud Tires 32 x 11.5 R x 15, Wet Okole Seat Cover for 60/40 Bench, 5100's Front & Rear, Wheeler's Single Leaf AAL, Warn 8,000 Winch, Warn Transformer Brush Guard, Stebel Nautilus Compact Horn
    I spent 2 weeks tuning my stereo in the best that I could by my ears before I ran the Auto-EQ.

I adjusted my highs placement to find the sweetest spot for my soundstage. I tuned by adjusting the crossovers on the passive crossovers on the mid and highs. Then, adjusting the active crossover between the mids and subs. I also played with reversing the polarity of the sub and the reverse polarity sub sounded best.

After I did all of that, I used RTA-lite and checked my sound. My graph was very impressive. So then, I used the Auto-EQ. In my opinion the Auto-EQ was an excellent investment. The sound was excellent before but, the Auto-EQ made the sound at least 10% better. It really helped the mid range sound open up. My graph was still impressive.

The only thing that I rejusted after the Auto-EQ is it ran my Crossover up to 125 hz. That made it louder but, also male voices sound boomy. I rejusted it down to 80 hz.

The only downside to the Auto-EQ is when you loose battery power, you have to re-run it again (takes 10 mins though). And you have to remember to and how to turn your Pioneer HU sources completely off.

3. Oct 12, 2011 at 7:04 AM
    mrmumbels

mrmumbels Well-Known Member

Member:
    Land O Lakes, fl
    Vehicle:
    09 prerunner
    none
    Not really. Probably why they discontinued it. Weird though that the auto eq is still on my new avic...

Products Discussed in

To Top