Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Anyone want to sell or let me borrow a Pioneer Auto-EQ Microphone?

Old 10-12-2011, 07:37 AM   #21
War Damn Eagle!
Endurozw is a jewel in the roughEndurozw is a jewel in the roughEndurozw is a jewel in the roughEndurozw is a jewel in the rough

Name: Zach
Endurozw's Tacoma Gallery
I read in some reviews on amazon that if you having the parking brake bypass / an external amp that this auto-eq can be somewhat of a pain? @ Killer / MrMumbels, did you guys ever see a big benefit from using this? I had honestly forgotten that the device even existed until I was digging through my manual last night.
Old 10-12-2011, 08:03 AM   #22
Killer is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Killer's Tacoma Gallery
I spent 2 weeks tuning my stereo in the best that I could by my ears before I ran the Auto-EQ.

I adjusted my highs placement to find the sweetest spot for my soundstage. I tuned by adjusting the crossovers on the passive crossovers on the mid and highs. Then, adjusting the active crossover between the mids and subs. I also played with reversing the polarity of the sub and the reverse polarity sub sounded best.

After I did all of that, I used RTA-lite and checked my sound. My graph was very impressive. So then, I used the Auto-EQ. In my opinion the Auto-EQ was an excellent investment. The sound was excellent before but, the Auto-EQ made the sound at least 10% better. It really helped the mid range sound open up. My graph was still impressive.

The only thing that I rejusted after the Auto-EQ is it ran my Crossover up to 125 hz. That made it louder but, also male voices sound boomy. I rejusted it down to 80 hz.

The only downside to the Auto-EQ is when you loose battery power, you have to re-run it again (takes 10 mins though). And you have to remember to and how to turn your Pioneer HU sources completely off.
Old 10-12-2011, 08:04 AM   #23
mrmumbels will become famous soon enoughmrmumbels will become famous soon enough
Marines: Sgt CSSG-1
mrmumbels's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endurozw View Post
I read in some reviews on amazon that if you having the parking brake bypass / an external amp that this auto-eq can be somewhat of a pain? @ Killer / MrMumbels, did you guys ever see a big benefit from using this? I had honestly forgotten that the device even existed until I was digging through my manual last night.
Not really. Probably why they discontinued it. Weird though that the auto eq is still on my new avic...