Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Anyone want to sell or let me borrow a Pioneer Auto-EQ Microphone?

Old 07-02-2010, 01:37 PM   #2
Class IV Category 8 Elite VIP Member (Only)
BradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bradley
BradleyScottETC's Tacoma Gallery
Have an iPhone? Download a Real Time Analyzer app for 1.99. That's what I use, it's a lot cheaper!

Old 12-23-2010, 07:45 AM   #3
mrmumbels will become famous soon enoughmrmumbels will become famous soon enough
Marines: Sgt CSSG-1
mrmumbels's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer View Post
Before I had to buy one for a one time use, I wanted to see if anyone had a Pioneer Auto-EQ Microphone for sale or for borrow?

My HU is an AVH-P3200BT

Thanks,

Killer
Is this not the same mic that came with the hu?
Old 12-31-2010, 08:52 PM   #4
Frogdaddy is on a distinguished road

Frogdaddy's Tacoma Gallery
Can you elaborate on how you used the Real Time Analyzer? I downloaded the lite version for free onto the latest itouch and my pioneer mvh-p8200 didn't recognize it nor could I access the auto-eq. It was visible but not accessible. So please explain how in detail.
Thanks.
Old 01-01-2011, 06:05 AM   #5
mrmumbels will become famous soon enoughmrmumbels will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogdaddy View Post
Can you elaborate on how you used the Real Time Analyzer? I downloaded the lite version for free onto the latest itouch and my pioneer mvh-p8200 didn't recognize it nor could I access the auto-eq. It was visible but not accessible. So please explain how in detail.
Thanks.
turn on rta lite then play some pink noise through your stereo. Try to get the rta graph as straight as possible..
Old 01-03-2011, 01:51 PM   #6
Killer is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Killer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmumbels View Post
Is this not the same mic that came with the hu?
No it is not the one that came with the Head Unit.

I just bought a Pioneer CD-MC20 today. It is my understanding that Pioneer is discontinuing the CD-MC20.

Crutchfield and others are showing it out of stock. I found it @ http://www.al-eds.com/Pioneer-CD-MC20-p21489.html

I will report back on the CD-MC20 Microphone, when I get it.
Old 01-12-2011, 01:14 PM   #7
Killer is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Killer's Tacoma Gallery
I hooked up the Pioneer CD-MC20 to my AVH-P3200BT before I went to work this morning. After spending over 30 minutes freezing in 27f degree weather, I got it to work.

(For anyone in the future reading this thread, my problem was that I had either the tuner on, CD player or USB. Scroll through the source button until you get to source off. Then it works perfectly.)

Anyway I only had about 5 minutes listening time before I had to go to work. The music sounded better but, it was not a great difference. Hopefully I can listen again to it tonight and give a better report.
Old 01-13-2011, 04:15 PM   #8
Quote:
I hooked up the Pioneer CD-MC20 to my AVH-P3200BT before I went to work this morning. After spending over 30 minutes freezing in 27f degree weather, I got it to work.

(For anyone in the future reading this thread, my problem was that I had either the tuner on, CD player or USB. Scroll through the source button until you get to source off. Then it works perfectly.)

Anyway I only had about 5 minutes listening time before I had to go to work. The music sounded better but, it was not a great difference. Hopefully I can listen again to it tonight and give a better report.
I'm curious what it set your eq to. You should take a pic of it
Old 01-14-2011, 05:48 AM   #9

Killer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm curious what it set your eq to. You should take a pic of it
I don't think it will let you see what adjustment it made to the EQ. Hopefully I will have a chance to play with it this weekend and let you know.

I have also downloaded RTA lite on my son's IPhone and I will compare it with it on and off.
Old 01-14-2011, 09:33 AM   #10
Quote:
I don't think it will let you see what adjustment it made to the EQ. Hopefully I will have a chance to play with it this weekend and let you know.

I have also downloaded RTA lite on my son's IPhone and I will compare it with it on and off.
So if you look at your EQ it didn't make the adjustments there?
Old 01-14-2011, 10:10 AM   #11

Killer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So if you look at your EQ it didn't make the adjustments there?
No, it did not make the adjustment there. You can still cycle through the other EQ adjustments (Power Full, Vocal, Super Bass and etc.) with the Auto EQ engaged.

It has a little window that goes under the regular eq that says Auto EQ now. You can press the button for 2 seconds and make the Auto EQ turn on and off.
Old 01-14-2011, 10:16 AM   #12
interesting
Old 01-15-2011, 02:19 PM   #13
Frogdaddy is on a distinguished road

Frogdaddy's Tacoma Gallery
Killer can you give more detail on getting the ipod app to work?
I hooked my sons itouch up with rta app and it didn't do anything that I could see. I cycled through the menu of the hu and didn't give me auto eq option.
I have a pioneer mvh-p8200bt. And can you report on the sound improvement?
thanks.
Old 01-15-2011, 03:13 PM   #14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogdaddy View Post
Killer can you give more detail on getting the ipod app to work?
I hooked my sons itouch up with rta app and it didn't do anything that I could see. I cycled through the menu of the hu and didn't give me auto eq option.
I have a pioneer mvh-p8200bt. And can you report on the sound improvement?
thanks.
1. Turn on rta
2. play pink noise through your stereo
3.adjust eq until rta graph evens out.
Old 01-15-2011, 08:56 PM   #15

Killer's Tacoma Gallery
You can not get to the Auto Eq Option unless you have the microphone hooked up and then you have to turn your Source off.

Today I ran the Auto Eq 3 times today. You can adjust the crossover before or after the Auto Eq. My RTA graph was smooth without Auto Eq within 4 db from 20hz to 20k hz and no major dips or peaks. With the Auto Eq installed it was within 2 db from 20hz to 20k hz.

So it was worth the $25.00. Like I said before the music sounded better but, it was not a great difference. Maybe because my system was smooth to start out with.

If you guys would like to borrow the Auto Eq, I would be willing to lend it out.
Old 01-21-2011, 04:31 AM   #16
I ordered one but they cancelled the order because it went out if stock. Don't think anyone sells these anymore :/
Old 01-27-2011, 02:43 PM   #17
Anyone want to sell theirs?
Old 01-27-2011, 06:40 PM   #19
Quote:
I don't want to sell mine but, I will lend it to you.
Are you in fl?