Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Question on possible Pioneer AVIC-U310BT setup

Old 07-02-2010, 09:20 PM   #1
sdheda is on a distinguished road
Name: Sherj
sdheda's Tacoma Gallery
Question on possible Pioneer AVIC-U310BT setup

I really need to get a GPS, so I thought I would kill two birds with one stone and upgrade the stock system as well.

I am looking at getting the Pioneer AVIC-U310BT, but I have a question about a possible amp setup. I want to get the Alpine PDX-5 either now or later, but from the manuals, it does not appear like the Pioneer has enough RCA outputs. I have a double cab, so the amp will be powering the front and rear speakers, along with a sub.

So the question is can the following setup work? To me it does not look like it will, but I wanted to know if I was looking at something incorrectly, or if there is a way around it.

HU: Pioneer AVIC-U310BT
Amp: Alpine PDX-5
Fronts: JL Audio C5-650
Rears: JL Audio C2-650X
Subs: 2x JL Audio 10W3v3-4

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/St...Manual0526.pdf
Old 07-03-2010, 08:02 AM   #2
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
KodiakToyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
From the research that I just did, you will have 4 pre amp outputs on that head unit. You will have pre amp outputs for the front speakers and then pre amp outputs that are rear/sub selectable. To get your desired 6 pre amp outputs you'll have to get something along the lines of this if you want to stick with a Pioneer AVIC HU:

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAu...IC-X710BT.aspx

They are also on sale on ebay for around $550-$600.
Old 07-03-2010, 02:59 PM   #3
sdheda is on a distinguished road
Name: Sherj
sdheda's Tacoma Gallery
Thats what I thought. Just wanted someone else to confirm it.

Can I run the fronts and subs off the amp, with the rears running off of the HU?
Old 07-03-2010, 05:20 PM   #4
dolbytone is a name known to alldolbytone is a name known to alldolbytone is a name known to alldolbytone is a name known to alldolbytone is a name known to alldolbytone is a name known to all

dolbytone's Tacoma Gallery
If you got a 4 channel amplifier that has preamp outputs, you could use those to send signal to a separate sub amp.
Old 07-03-2010, 06:00 PM   #5
bookmonke has much to be proud ofbookmonke has much to be proud ofbookmonke has much to be proud ofbookmonke has much to be proud ofbookmonke has much to be proud ofbookmonke has much to be proud ofbookmonke has much to be proud ofbookmonke has much to be proud of
Name: Mark
bookmonke's Tacoma Gallery
I like the amp you picked, you could also get splitters and split front channel to the rear and still get the sub, just would be 5.1 sound or find an old used F90BT and visit avic411 and upgrade it to an X90.
Old 07-03-2010, 08:57 PM   #6
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
KodiakToyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
My personal opinion, which is what I plan on doing with my system install is using a high wattage mono-block amp for the subs and a medium wattage 2 channel amp for the front and rears. This is how i had my previous system set up and it sounded amazing. Dont forget your capacitor also!!