1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

iPod Classic 160GB and AVH-P4200DVD

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by awesomeguy, Jul 3, 2010.

1. Jul 3, 2010 at 8:59 AM
    awesomeguy

awesomeguy [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Vehicle:
    08 Radiant Red TRD Sport
    I recently had a Pioneer AVH-P4200DVD installed, love the unit but when I plug in my iPod Classic I just bought I can't get the album art to show on the unit. Everything else with the iPod and HU works just fine but can't get the album art to show up. I've tried it with my iPhone and the art shows, just not with the classic.

Has anyone else had this issue with the newer classic and 4200 or any other HU? Is it a software issue or something that can be fixed?

2. Jul 3, 2010 at 12:53 PM
    IrishPilot

IrishPilot Well-Known Member

Member:
    MN
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off-Road 4x4 Double Cab
    Ive got the same setup (currently the 80g iPod classic though). Try setting the iPod to "enable hard disk" or vice versa. Its a start.

3. Jul 3, 2010 at 5:21 PM
    hoeflich

hoeflich Its all mod on the inside

Member:
    florida
    Vehicle:
    96 3.4L 4X4
    Stuff
    Gentleman, just got the same unit, and Im trying to get video from the Iphone to show up on the HU, only the audio from it shows...do I have to get a different USB connection? Also, what kind of cool tricks did you guys figure out? Did you get the remote? Does it power aftermarket speakers? If so does it put out enough? Did you get any of the modules?

4. Jul 3, 2010 at 7:38 PM
    acozzens

acozzens Well-Known Member

Member:
    98056 , washington state
    Vehicle:
    06 4d 4wd trd sr5 silver
    Michelin ltx m/s WSU (cougs) License Plate Holder $1.99 Gate Theft Mod DIY HU install DIY SWI-JACK install DIY rear speaker & baffle DIY ipod audio/video interface DIY HD radio DIY Alpine pdx 5 DIY front components install DIY RedLine Tuning Gas hood lift ( very slick ) DIY slimcubby gb hid head/fog DIY extang trifold trifecta DIY dynolock tailgate lock
    make sure to remove the lens cap.

5. Jul 15, 2010 at 5:03 PM
    Chad

Chad Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Cary, NC
    Vehicle:
    09 V6 Access Cab TRD Sport
    Kenwood DMX-7704S Headunit -- Blackvue DR-470 Dashcam -- Pioneer TS-A1685R Speakers in Front -- Suntek CXP 40 Front Tint -- Access Vanish Roll-up Tonneau -- Wet Okole Seat Covers -- Fog Lights on Anytime -- PnL Powered Tailgate Lock -- DTRL "Stealth Mode" -- LED Footwell and Cup Holder Lights -- Map Lights ON with Dome Light -- Shorty Antenna -- AC Line Extension Mod -- Access Cab Rear Headrest Removal
    Are you guys using the Pioneer cable that you have to use to get video or are you using the iPod sync cable?

6. Dec 27, 2010 at 8:09 PM
    Forster46

Forster46 Very nice how much?

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Mount Vernon, WA
    Vehicle:
    The doritos locos taco
    6000k HID's, AUX Reverse Lights, 3" Rough Country Suspension Lift, Pioneer AVH-P4200 Double Din, Underglow and footwell Lights, Camo Seat Covers, Duralast Tool Box, Blacked Out Badges, Grill, Front Emblem, Midland CB Radio, Amber Strobes, POWER REAR WINDOW, cup holder LED's, Firestik 3' in bed, console divider, Ultragauge.
    i payed 50 bucks and cartoys did the install for that ipod cable, and i dont have video at all.

7. Jan 31, 2011 at 11:12 AM
    Sapper26

Sapper26 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Columbus, GA
    Vehicle:
    99 Xtra Cab 4x4
    I was wondering if any of you guys had figured out the issue of playing Ipod video on your 4200's. I installed the Pioneer AVH-P4200DVD this weekend with the Pioneer Ipod A/V cable and only get the audio from the videos I am trying to watch. Other than that I love this head unit and wish I had made the purchase a long time ago.

8. Jan 31, 2011 at 11:24 AM
    btuner

btuner <<<<>>>>

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Hendersonville NC
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner SR5
    Stage III TRD Badge
    Anyone happen to read the manual lol. It's chock full of information.

You guys have the parking brake ground bypassed?

9. Feb 17, 2011 at 7:38 AM
    vonduramos

vonduramos New Member

Member:
    Hi, I have the same problem, ipod 160G 6th gen worked fine with CD-IU200V I bought separately, showing all artwork albums.

After some time, lets say one month, it stopped showing artworks and then I check with ipad and iphone and on both they are OK.

I believe the problem is in the iPod, I have not changed anything on it, however I synced with more music and perhaps something changed.

Please advice how to solve this!!

Thanks

Products Discussed in

To Top