1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What Boyo Camera?

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by nermalgod, Jun 11, 2008.

1. Jun 11, 2008 at 6:20 AM
    nermalgod

nermalgod [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Bend, OR
    Vehicle:
    Offroad boat hauler
    Not going to brag.
    I'm finding it difficult to determine the differences between the Boyo rear view cameras. Some are a full license plate frame while others mount to the top. Some look to be adjustable for angle, but I cannot tell if they all do. The price range between the models is large.

I was hoping to spend about $150 on the camera, but could use some help deciding which camera best meets my needs.

2. Jun 11, 2008 at 7:58 AM
    SocalMan22

SocalMan22 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve-0
    So*Cal
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner Dbl Cab
    What Mods!
    Whats up man, well where are you shopping from, sonicelectronix.com has the boyo camera and not a bad price. Well something easy and simple get the one the you put on the license plate easy to put on i have a pic in my album, although i like the rear view mirror also.

3. Jun 11, 2008 at 12:50 PM
    nermalgod

nermalgod [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Bend, OR
    Vehicle:
    Offroad boat hauler
    Not going to brag.
    I'm going to be buying online, and I haven't quite decided from who, but was more concerned about which camera. Boyo appears to have four or five models that look similar in their photos but are priced from $100-$350 so something is making one better than the other. I like features and having good stuff, but I don't know what makes these cameras different.

I'm also purchasing a Kenwood DNX7120 as a headunit. I've looked at the 8120, but I don't have a center speaker to enjoy the 5.1 surround, nor do I need bluetooth. The extra USB would be nice, but otherwise, I think the price of a 7120 makes it more inviting. I'm seeing numerous vendors selling it from $850-$950.

4. Jun 11, 2008 at 8:16 PM
    jay7108

jay7108 Active Member

Member:
    Chicago IL
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Sport LB 4x4 Debadged
    Halogen back up lights,wade oe,avs inchannels,led lights,deezee bed mat, more to come.
    I picked up the 8120 from 6thave electronics for 1088 shipped and I bought the boyo vtl300, it is the metal full license plate frame cam. I bought it off evay for 149 with free shipping. I am very pleased with the quality of construction and the quality of the picture, you will not be dissapointed.

5. Jun 12, 2008 at 9:12 PM
    atebit

atebit What's all this, then?

Member:
    The basement of the Alamo
    Vehicle:
    18 Inferno TRD OR 4x4 AC

Products Discussed in

To Top