Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Ratings for Portland Oregon audio dealers?

Old 06-12-2008, 08:10 PM   #1
Nuggety
Chickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Chickenmunga's Tacoma Gallery
Ratings for Portland Oregon audio dealers?

This is a long shot, but do we have any Oregonians out there who could give me some thumbs up/down for car audio shops?

I'm looking to get an alarm installed, and my top choices are Car Toys or Car Stereo City.

-Car Toys I can trust to not go out of business and have someplace local if something goes wrong. They also guarantee their install. However, the employees feel like used car salesman.
-Car Stereo City is MUCH cheaper for the security system, and the guy I talked to is no-nonsense average Joe. He said they warranty the work. I guess they have been around for some time, but I haven't had any direct dealings with them.

My big thing is that I went to a guy down south before, and he screwed up my buddy's Cadillac really bad - the alarm disabled the radio at times, the alarm would trip, and Car Toys ended up yanking out an amazing amount of wiring trash just to get things back in order. I don't want to face that.

Any opinions, Oregonians?
Old 06-12-2008, 08:37 PM   #2
CDonC is on a distinguished road
CDonC's Tacoma Gallery
Here in Portland, there's a place Outrageous Audio that actually did a great job on my buddy's car. Great prices too.
Old 06-14-2008, 12:47 AM   #3
bledsoe3 is on a distinguished road
bledsoe3's Tacoma Gallery
I have had a lot of stereos installed by Cartoys and I have had good luck with them. Since I have had so much work done, they give me pretty good deals. PM me and I can hook you up with my guy at the Gateway location.

Jim