1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Ipod connector for stock stereo?

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by sandie, Mar 20, 2007.

1. Jun 1, 2007 at 8:10 AM
    IamDk

IamDk New Member

Member:
    wow this thread is great, this is exactaly what i have been looking to do to my car.

So far i have seen these products mentioned.

USA-SPEC
    peripheral i-pod
    PIE

I don't know which one to get, they all work good right? Then i might as well get the cheapest one.

One thing before placing an order, I have the 06 tacoma w/ the 6cd changer, if i install this, can i still play cd's and the ipod?

This is were i'm confused if i can play cd's and the ipod their both on the stearo button, how does this work w/o interfering with one another?

Sorry for all these questions but this is my last one.

Can i change the song and sound on my ipod via the stock headunit/wheel buttons since driving while messing around w/ the scrollwheel isn't a good idea.

Thank's for the pics :p They were very informative.

2. Jun 5, 2007 at 10:18 AM
    kaszeta

kaszeta Well-Known Member

Member:
    Yes, the USASPEC works with the 6cd internal changer. It also appears to work if you have an external changer (there's a passthrough on the wiring harness), but I can't confirm this.

With the USASPEC PA12-TOY, hitting the "Mode" button on the steering wheel cycles between AM->FM->Builtin CD->iPod (if plugged in)->Aux Input on PA12-TOY

At least with the current firmware on the PA12, I can operate it with the headunit, the steering wheel, or the iPod controls themselves.

Products Discussed in

To Top