1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Metra Does Not Charge iTouch

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Scooter, Jul 10, 2010.

1. Jul 10, 2010 at 9:52 PM
    Scooter

Scooter [OP] Canadian Member

Member:
    Manitoba, Canada
    Vehicle:
    08 Double Cab TRD Sport Short Box
    Pop n Lock Power Tailgate Lock, Bak Flip Tonneau Cover, Factory DLR installed, Defrost with A/C Off, EZ Down Tailgate Damper, Code Alarm Security System with Remote Starter, Rear Spring TSB, Ming rust proofing & paint treatment, 3M fabric protector, Cargo Mat, Scanguage II, DYI Illuminated 4X4 Switch, Versa-Gate box extender & cargo divider, Toyota Roof Rails, Grom USB Audio adapter with bluetooth, LED Bed lights, OEM Backup Camera with LCD Display Mirror
    Hi,

I have a Metra AIP-TY02-ID iPOD auxiliary input. I've been using it to play MP3 players through the factory JBL stereo. I've only recently hooked up an iTouch to it. I thought it was supposed to keep the iTouch charged, but when the iTouch is plugged in, the display on the iTouch shows the message, "Accessory does not support charging". Does anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks.

2. Jul 11, 2010 at 11:10 AM
    BCTacoma2010

BCTacoma2010 Michigan Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Southwest Michigan
    Vehicle:
    2017 Ford Platinum F150
    I know it's not exactly the same thing, but I have a Monster charger for my IPOD, but when I upgraded to a Touch, the charger would not work. I had to purchase a new charger. It has something to do with the Touch O/S.

3. Jul 11, 2010 at 11:20 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Yeah...I won't say this is common- but most chargers only last for a little while as the iPods upgrade and change OS and stuff.
    I have to get a new cable to make my USA Spec charger work with my touch.

4. Jul 11, 2010 at 9:44 PM
    Scooter

Scooter [OP] Canadian Member

Member:
    Manitoba, Canada
    Vehicle:
    08 Double Cab TRD Sport Short Box
    Pop n Lock Power Tailgate Lock, Bak Flip Tonneau Cover, Factory DLR installed, Defrost with A/C Off, EZ Down Tailgate Damper, Code Alarm Security System with Remote Starter, Rear Spring TSB, Ming rust proofing & paint treatment, 3M fabric protector, Cargo Mat, Scanguage II, DYI Illuminated 4X4 Switch, Versa-Gate box extender & cargo divider, Toyota Roof Rails, Grom USB Audio adapter with bluetooth, LED Bed lights, OEM Backup Camera with LCD Display Mirror
    Thanks. Great Apple Gotcha scheme!:(

Products Discussed in

To Top