Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Where to drop bluetooth microphone wire

Old 07-24-2010, 05:48 PM   #1
sdheda is on a distinguished road
Name: Sherj
sdheda's Tacoma Gallery
Where to drop bluetooth microphone wire

I want to install bluetooth microphone near the rear view mirror, but I don't know where to drop the wire behind the dash.

I know that I run the wire along the top liner, and down the driver side pillar, but where do I drop it behind the dash so that I can connect it to the headunit.

Thanks.
Old 07-26-2010, 05:55 AM   #2
Vraptor is one of the sharper tools in the shedVraptor is one of the sharper tools in the shedVraptor is one of the sharper tools in the shedVraptor is one of the sharper tools in the shedVraptor is one of the sharper tools in the shedVraptor is one of the sharper tools in the shedVraptor is one of the sharper tools in the shedVraptor is one of the sharper tools in the shedVraptor is one of the sharper tools in the shedVraptor is one of the sharper tools in the shedVraptor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
Vraptor's Tacoma Gallery
I mounted mine in the same spot by the rear view mirror. I ran it behind the glove box. Popped out the side trim and ran it up behind the rubber seal. Then up the a pillar and across the head liner. I think it is a clean install and in a good spot to pick up your voice well.

Coming out of the glove box I believe it was where the dash changes from a darker to lighter grey.
Old 07-26-2010, 09:33 AM   #3
sdheda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vraptor View Post
I mounted mine in the same spot by the rear view mirror. I ran it behind the glove box. Popped out the side trim and ran it up behind the rubber seal. Then up the a pillar and across the head liner. I think it is a clean install and in a good spot to pick up your voice well.

Coming out of the glove box I believe it was where the dash changes from a darker to lighter grey.
I will have to look behind the glove box, but is it easy to identify where I should drop the wire?

Also when you ran it in the head liner and pillar, did you just stuff the wire in there?
Old 07-26-2010, 07:26 PM   #5
sdheda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hookedontronics View Post
mine is mounted right next to my compass/temp on the plastic console
But how did you drop it behind the dash to connect the microphone wire to the headunit? I am unsure how to do this.
Old 08-08-2010, 09:32 AM   #8
sdheda's Tacoma Gallery
I ran the blue tooth mic from the rear view mirror, down the passenger side pillar and into the glove box then to the headunit. The problem is that I can't tuck in the wire into the pillar. I was able to tuck the wire into the headliner easily, but no matter what I do it does not want to go into the pillar. It just pops out every time.

How were you able to get the wire into the pillar?
Old 08-08-2010, 09:35 AM   #9
Amos will become famous soon enough

Name: Daniel
Amos's Tacoma Gallery
you have to remove the handle on the pillar and then the pillar cover that is plastic.
Old 08-08-2010, 12:45 PM   #10
sdheda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amos View Post
you have to remove the handle on the pillar and then the pillar cover that is plastic.
Thanks. I will try that out.