1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

good speakers

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by mike14, Aug 1, 2010.

1. Aug 1, 2010 at 10:31 PM
    mike14

mike14 [OP] Member

Member:
    does anyone know good speakers for a 2010 double cab? should i upgrade the deck first?

2. Aug 2, 2010 at 5:39 AM
    grunt66

grunt66 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vista, CA
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma DBL cab 4X4 off road
    Depending what your budget is, I went with the Hybird Audio Technologies (HAT) Clarus 6.5 ($519.99) components up front and the Clarus 5 1/4 midbass driver in the rear doors for fill upon the recommendation of Mr. Marv for my 2008 Tacoma DC. Mr. Marv is a vendor here on the forum and I encourage you to contact him. He is very knowledgeable in car audio. Mr. Marv also made my amp board and sub box and the quality is top notch.

I was looking for a speaker that provided good midbass and a tweeter that was not harsh on the ears and I achieved that with the HAT Clarus line and without breaking the bank. I am extremely happy with these speakers. I know that Mr. Marv has had group buys here on the forum and that is when I purchased the speakers. I would definitely contact Mr. Marv.

My system:
    Head unit: Eclipse CD7200 MKII
    Amp: JL Audio HD 900/5
    Ft speakers: Clarus C61-2
    Rr speakers: Clarus C51-2 (midbass driver only)
    Sub: JL audio 13TW5-3

IMG_0164.jpg
    IMG_0166.jpg
    IMG_0165.jpg

3. Aug 2, 2010 at 12:29 PM
    hookedontronics

hookedontronics Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Glenville, NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC Off Road 4x4
    Icon extended travel 3.5" front coilovers, DSM UCAs, TSB leaf pack w/ wheelers AAL, All Pro U-bolt flip kit, Walker Evans 2.0 rear shocks, 18" XD Monster rims, Nitto trail grappler 285/65R18 Tires, Color matched grill, Grillcraft, Kragen HIDs, Carling switches, my bed light mod, diff drop, Alpine IVA-W505, JL Audio C5 componets and coaxials, JL 300/4 and 250/1 amps and JL stealthbox, wheathertechs, avs vent visors, toyota bed x-tender, alcantara center console cover and door pocket covers, console vault, color matched mirrors, heated mirrors, etc etc etc
    Once you upgrade your head unit you will notice a big difference. Let us know your budget and what type of music you listen to so we can recommend some speakers

4. Aug 2, 2010 at 12:51 PM
    Tacomanator

Tacomanator Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Clam Slammer
    Southern Cali
    King 2.5" extended travel coilovers with compression adjusters, Camburg UCA's, King 2.5" rear shocks, TRD 1st gen CAI.
    a new deck will make your stock speakers sound a lot better, so start there.

Products Discussed in

To Top