1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Stock Subwoofer issue - Help!

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Hipster, Aug 5, 2010.

1. Aug 5, 2010 at 12:37 PM
    Hipster

Hipster [OP] Nothing beats a Butter Shave..

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Tucson
    Vehicle:
    '10 DC trd 4x4
    Billy's @ .85 w/ Eibachs front, TSB w/ 5100's rear + 1.5" AAL & shims, Debadged, Avid Bolt On Sliders, NFab Light Bar w/ (2) Lightforce 170's. Weathertechs, ATO bed bars.
    When I got my truck back from the dealership (rear spring TSB) I noticed today how weak the stereo sounded. It was gutless. It appears that the subwoofer is not pumping out anything. I noticed also that the level was at 5 and I generally keep it at 2-3. Is there something I can check (fuse, anything) before I call the dealership and ask them whatsup? I don't want to have to leave my truck for another day for them to check it out.

I realize that the stock system (JBL, Sub etc) is weak but it sounds fine to me for what it is and with treble at 3 mid at 2 and bass at 3 it pumps out enough for my blood.

Thanks for your help. I'm hoping to not have to drop it off and ask why some teenage pump cranked my system while taking it to the "free" carwash...

2. Aug 6, 2010 at 10:26 AM
    Hipster

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Tucson
    Vehicle:
    '10 DC trd 4x4
    Billy's @ .85 w/ Eibachs front, TSB w/ 5100's rear + 1.5" AAL & shims, Debadged, Avid Bolt On Sliders, NFab Light Bar w/ (2) Lightforce 170's. Weathertechs, ATO bed bars.
    Thanks Whipper. I may pull it apart this weekend and see what's up. The JBL stereo blows, I know, but turn the bass down to -5 and it even worse. Hopefully it self rectifies so I don't have to take it to the dealer.

hip

3. Aug 6, 2010 at 10:36 AM
    Hipster

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Tucson
    Vehicle:
    '10 DC trd 4x4
    I'll eventually replace it as well. I too love the sound of clean music. I even have a 2 channel setup at home (NAD and B&W stuff) dedicated for CD's only (my wife hates it). Thus you can see the frustration I'm having.

hip

Products Discussed in

To Top