Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

1st Gen Taco - Underseat Storage Sub?

Old 08-10-2010, 01:37 PM   #1
Broeheem is on a distinguished road
Name: Jim
Broeheem's Tacoma Gallery
1st Gen Taco - Underseat Storage Sub?

I'm looking RIGHT now for a Gen 1 Taco XtraCab, and I was wondering: Can someone tell me what the inside dimensions are for the pass. side storage bin? There's a pretty cool powered sub at Crutchfield that I think would drop into that space. It's from Sound Ordnance and it has nothing but STELLAR reviews from owners. I don't need it to "slam" hip hop 'n shit.... I'm only going to be running a Clarion head unit for the mains, so this sub would more than take care of what the mains (Polk) simply cannot.
Old 08-10-2010, 02:55 PM   #2
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broeheem View Post
I'm looking RIGHT now for a Gen 1 Taco XtraCab, and I was wondering: Can someone tell me what the inside dimensions are for the pass. side storage bin? There's a pretty cool powered sub at Crutchfield that I think would drop into that space. It's from Sound Ordnance and it has nothing but STELLAR reviews from owners. I don't need it to "slam" hip hop 'n shit.... I'm only going to be running a Clarion head unit for the mains, so this sub would more than take care of what the mains (Polk) simply cannot.
i don't know the inner dimensions i know the opening is a lot smaller then the inner dimensions.

My guess is it's at least 15"x 11"

what is the dimensions of the sub you want?

This guy put a 0.55cf box in there so he might have the dimensions.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/aud...-xtra-cab.html
Old 08-11-2010, 07:03 AM   #3
Broeheem is on a distinguished road
Name: Jim
Broeheem's Tacoma Gallery
Talking

I saw that post w/ the custom sub.... pretty resourceful. The Sound Ordnance B-8PT sub measures 9-1/8"W x 3-1/4"H x 13-7/8"D. I'm guessing/hoping that it will fit, 'cuz I don't really want to put forth much effort into this "system". Gone for me are the days of multiple amps, CD changers, EQs, $200.00 speakers,etc. I put an easy $1.000.00 into my Dakota, and in the end, I found that - for me - it was wasted money because I didn't ever use the system to its potential. It WAS fun, though.

I'm going to just be happy with a Clarion CZ100 head unit, Polks up front, stock rears (fill-in only - don't see the need for $$peakers there), and the S.O. sub to fill in the missing frequencies. Again, the customer reviews for this powered sub are unbelievable.... pretty much ALL "5-star". I think it will satisfy.

By the way.... what IS that thing in front of the rear seat that looks like a dual cup holder pointed in the wrong direction?