1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

1st Gen Taco - Underseat Storage Sub?

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Broeheem, Aug 10, 2010.

1. Aug 10, 2010 at 1:37 PM
    Broeheem

Broeheem [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Albany, OR
    I'm looking RIGHT now for a Gen 1 Taco XtraCab, and I was wondering: Can someone tell me what the inside dimensions are for the pass. side storage bin? There's a pretty cool powered sub at Crutchfield that I think would drop into that space. It's from Sound Ordnance and it has nothing but STELLAR reviews from owners. I don't need it to "slam" hip hop 'n shit.... I'm only going to be running a Clarion head unit for the mains, so this sub would more than take care of what the mains (Polk) simply cannot.

2. Aug 10, 2010 at 2:55 PM
    JLee

JLee The Man! Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Jerry
    Benicia, CA
    Vehicle:
    02 Extra cab SAS Linked front and rear
    I lost track thousands of dollars ago.
    i don't know the inner dimensions i know the opening is a lot smaller then the inner dimensions.

My guess is it's at least 15"x 11"

what is the dimensions of the sub you want?

This guy put a 0.55cf box in there so he might have the dimensions.
    http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/audio-video/107469-1st-gen-sub-install-xtra-cab.html

3. Aug 11, 2010 at 7:03 AM
    Broeheem

Broeheem [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Albany, OR
    I saw that post w/ the custom sub.... pretty resourceful. The Sound Ordnance B-8PT sub measures 9-1/8"W x 3-1/4"H x 13-7/8"D. I'm guessing/hoping that it will fit, 'cuz I don't really want to put forth much effort into this "system". Gone for me are the days of multiple amps, CD changers, EQs, $200.00 speakers,etc. I put an easy $1.000.00 into my Dakota, and in the end, I found that - for me - it was wasted money because I didn't ever use the system to its potential. It WAS fun, though.

I'm going to just be happy with a Clarion CZ100 head unit, Polks up front, stock rears (fill-in only - don't see the need for $$peakers there), and the S.O. sub to fill in the missing frequencies. Again, the customer reviews for this powered sub are unbelievable.... pretty much ALL "5-star". I think it will satisfy.

By the way.... what IS that thing in front of the rear seat that looks like a dual cup holder pointed in the wrong direction?

4. Aug 16, 2010 at 4:47 PM
    StatutoryAPE

StatutoryAPE Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joey
    Phoenix,AZ
    Vehicle:
    2000 Prerunner xtracab
    TRD Headers,CAI, dynomax super turbo, blacked out headlights, Smoked LED tails, Billy 5100 w/OME 881's and 5125's in rear, rear tube bumper, tint 35% front 3 windows & 5% in rear 3. fiberwerx 4.5's

Products Discussed in

To Top