Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

axxess steering wheel control interface

Old 08-15-2010, 03:40 PM   #1
auburn taco will become famous soon enoughauburn taco will become famous soon enough
Name: kevin
auburn taco's Tacoma Gallery
Smile axxess steering wheel control interface

I just installed the axxess swc interface into my 2010 tacoma DC. No programming needed after the install, it simply reads the head unit and vehicle, and you are done. Works as advertised, instant sound increase/decrease. I have this hooked up to a pioneer 3200dvd. 5 wires to connect, 3 to the steering wheel harness, a power and a ground. They provide good directions. I believe you can manually program if you want to change from oem config.. quiet happy with this.
Old 08-15-2010, 05:53 PM   #2
sdheda is on a distinguished road
Name: Sherj
sdheda's Tacoma Gallery
i am also happy with it, but it didn't map some of my buttons exactly correct.

volume up - works perfect
volume down - works perfect
up - seek up / next track
down - seek down / previous track
mode - works perfect
on hook - preset up
off hook - preset down

voice recognition - works perfect

I have left it as is, because I want to have these functions, and I don't receive that many calls anyway.

This is with a Pioneer AVIC-X920BT
Old 08-16-2010, 04:04 PM   #3
No matter where you go there you are.
taco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Galen
taco084gb's Tacoma Gallery
Thanx for posting this info. I have been reading alot of posts on how people hate the hesitation of the PAC steering wheel module. I have this one but just ordered the axxess one from Amazon for $42 and free shipping.
Luckily I have not installed the PAC module yet.

Thanx
Galen
Old 08-16-2010, 04:12 PM   #5
No matter where you go there you are.
taco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Galen
taco084gb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhodehard09 View Post
it would have been nice to know about this before i bought mine....
took me like 20 times to get the program right.
HAHA thats what I have been reading and all my stuff is still in boxes next to chair since end of July. Been waiting to install cause of all the negative on the PAC module but didnt want to install till some one figured out a better way. SO now there is and I can send the PAC module back.
Old 08-17-2011, 04:47 PM   #6
amoomaw is a splendid one to beholdamoomaw is a splendid one to beholdamoomaw is a splendid one to beholdamoomaw is a splendid one to beholdamoomaw is a splendid one to beholdamoomaw is a splendid one to beholdamoomaw is a splendid one to behold

Name: moomaw
amoomaw's Tacoma Gallery
Hey guys, I just got my axxess steering wheel control stuff today in the mail. I've hooked up the red pos. to the remote wire/ black to the ground/ green w/orange to the 7pin, and black w/green to the 8 pin in the existing remote control 12pin of my truck(2011 tacoma). I'm running it to a pioneer 4300dvd using the 3.5mm jack into the correct port on the back of the stereo. All I'm getting is a red light for about 2-3seconds on the intereface mod. and then it goes out. Nothing else after that, and the controls don't work. Also, I have a second hole that looks to be the resest button, but their is no button? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 08-18-2011, 07:34 AM   #7
Taco Sauce
Yota Toy is a glorious beacon of lightYota Toy is a glorious beacon of lightYota Toy is a glorious beacon of lightYota Toy is a glorious beacon of lightYota Toy is a glorious beacon of light
Yota Toy's Tacoma Gallery
I also installed the ASWC when I installed my JVC KW30HD, it worked perfectly the first try. It is fast and was simple to install thanks to the many write-ups here on this forum

amoomaw: If I am not mistaken you also have to ground one of the wires on the factory harness, I believe a white/red wire. I will see if I can find the thread that detailed this.

Found it: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/aud...ml#post3108771