Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

JBL+Double Din Steering wheel adaptor and wire harness

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-15-2010, 11:42 PM   #1
How many words can be fit in this s
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
jdkeller's Tacoma Gallery
JBL+Double Din Steering wheel adaptor and wire harness

I ordered the pioneer 4200dvd. I have that, the remote, bluetooth, and dash kit. I want to get the steering wheel adaptor too. Which one is better:
The PAC SWI-PS
http://www.amazon.com/PAC-SWI-PS-Pio...1940165&sr=8-1
or this one with the new version:
http://www.amazon.com/SWI-PS-Steerin...3&sr=1-2-spell
Im guessing the second. Im installing the bluetooth so is there a special one I should use so I can do call functions on the steering wheel?

And the other problem is what wire harness do I need? I have the jbl package in my truck. I don't plan on adding speakers or amps. Just want to keep what I currently have.
Can I just buy this cheap $7 scoche one:
http://www.amazon.com/SCOSCHE-TA02B-...5&sr=1-1-spell

or do I need this jbl metra one:
http://www.amazon.com/Metra-TYTO-01-...amazonquery-20

Do people use the amp in the unit or the jbl one? Its all greek to me. I would really appreciate help on these matters. Thanks
Old 08-16-2010, 12:35 AM   #2
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
Okay, I am on my phone so I can only do so much but I will do what I can! For the steering wheel controls, I have the SWI-PS and if my steering wheel had the capability for Bluetooth controls it would do them. As far as the wire harness goes, you will need to get the jbl one especially if you don't plan on upgrading later. Let's say you buy the $7 one. You will be using the head I units amp, but the stock amp nor the sub woofer will function. For your case, you want the jbl.
Old 08-16-2010, 12:40 AM   #3
How many words can be fit in this s
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
jdkeller's Tacoma Gallery
That sucks. But thank you.

In regards the steering wheel, I don't have Bluetooth controls on the steering wheel. I was thinking maybe since I'm adding bluetooth to the head unit, the steering wheel adaptor would turn some of the buttons on the steering wheel into Bluetooth functions. Because if it's only track and volume stuff how would I answer calls and stuff? Pressing a button on the head unit?
Old 08-16-2010, 04:09 AM   #4
bookmonke has much to be proud ofbookmonke has much to be proud ofbookmonke has much to be proud ofbookmonke has much to be proud ofbookmonke has much to be proud ofbookmonke has much to be proud ofbookmonke has much to be proud ofbookmonke has much to be proud of
Name: Mark
bookmonke's Tacoma Gallery
For the steering wheel switch you need the one with firmware 1.6.8, that is the newest one but you will also need the switches for the right side of the steering wheel to get the bluetooth part to function, you can not reprogram the buttons to do it, already tried, you will need two parts, search the forum for bluetooth switches, total for the set is close to $100. Assuming you have JBL in the truck you will need the second item this will turn on your JBL amp and let the existing speakers work, if you want to use only the speakers you will need the JBL bypass wiring harness, it is like $40 bucks and a large bundle of wires to run to the JBL amp and just really bypass it, hope this makes sense.
Old 08-16-2010, 04:13 AM   #5
Is there a long john silvers on the island?
TurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TurfTaco's Tacoma Gallery
The pac-swi adapter sucks...my stereo shop could only get it to control volume/seek/scan....cant power on/off or switch modes. I have the jbl adapter so I can run the jbl amp...i will get back to you on which one..got it from crutchfield. good luck with the pioneer...i have bought my last one...never again.
Old 08-16-2010, 07:55 AM   #7
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
For the PAC, you can set the buttons to be whatever you want them to be. Long as it is in their list of options. Pushing a button is just a random input, you can decide what each one tells the HU

Products Discussed in this Thread