1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

quick center console question

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by t_e, Aug 17, 2010.

1. Aug 17, 2010 at 2:59 PM
    t_e

t_e [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Erik
    miami,fl
    planning out where to stick all my audio components and was wondering whats directly underneath the main storage compartment of the center console armrest?? i have a prerunner sr5 without jbl and was wondering if that area has something there. any help would be great.

2. Aug 17, 2010 at 4:01 PM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    Not exactly sure what you're asking.....

What's underneath the arm rest? THe console (duh, sorry - had to say it).

Do you mean underneath the entire console itself? Some cables & wiring.

There's NO ROOM under it to mount anything under there. You probably could run some wires underneath.

Here's a picture of what's directly underneath the section IN FRONT of the console (Automatic)
    http://www.lieblweb.com/images/techlinks/heatedseat/Harnasses.jpg

To the 'right' in the picture (where you see a fan), that's actually part of the inverter.

3. Aug 17, 2010 at 4:05 PM
    PreRunnerSeth

PreRunnerSeth Well-Known Member

Member:
    Apex, NC
    Vehicle:
    16 Super White Limited 4x4
    The factory inverter is mounted under there. You can see it on the right in the pic in the above post. If you do not have the factory inverter there is some room to mount something there.

4. Aug 17, 2010 at 4:15 PM
    ShaLor

ShaLor Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Shane
    Burbank, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 Doublecab TRD Off Road
    Custom mud flap removal from rock on trail :), Tailgate Hose Clamp Mod, Cobra 75 wx st CB install, 19 more D-Rings in the bed, Satoshi Grill, Fog Lamp on any time mod. Relentless Fab CB antenna hood mount, LED bed lights, Demello Hybrid Sliders, Undercover Tonneau Cover, Lighted 4x4 switch
    If you have the TRD Package, there is the inverter for the Power Outlet in the bed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    This is the back view of the center console with the back removed. The small box is for my CB antenna. The large grey box on the bottom is the Power Inverter for the TRD power outlet in the bed. I am thinking that if you don't have the TRD package, that there is probably space at the bottom.

5. Aug 17, 2010 at 4:21 PM
    t_e

t_e [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Erik
    miami,fl
    yea i dont have the inverter, i quickly popped off the shifter surround and stuck my hand down there and there is enough room to mount something small. im planing on putting the 4/8 gauge power/ground distribution block down there now.

thanks guys

6. Aug 18, 2010 at 10:34 AM
    ShaLor

ShaLor Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Shane
    Burbank, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 Doublecab TRD Off Road
    Custom mud flap removal from rock on trail :), Tailgate Hose Clamp Mod, Cobra 75 wx st CB install, 19 more D-Rings in the bed, Satoshi Grill, Fog Lamp on any time mod. Relentless Fab CB antenna hood mount, LED bed lights, Demello Hybrid Sliders, Undercover Tonneau Cover, Lighted 4x4 switch
    Cool! You should be able to pop the back of the center console off by gently pulling out on the bottom corners next to the carpeting. That is how I get to my antenna mount for metering my CB.

7. Oct 25, 2014 at 3:52 PM
    shreddindan

shreddindan Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Victorville,CA and Essex,CA
    Vehicle:
    11 TRD Sport OFFROAD 4WD
    Black Diamond window tint on the front windows, sylvania silverstar head lights, sylvania silverstar fog light bulbs, tailgate lock, bed storage compartment locks, driver side mag light mount, additional bed D rings, console vault, pro comp lift kit 3" front 1" rear, BFG All terrains 275/70/17, n-fab Double Cab Wheel to Wheel nerf steps, satoshi grille, BAMF behind the grille light bar with 20" double row light bar, flow master exhaust, debased all the way around
    Has anyone decided to completely remove the trd power inverter? Meaning removing the inverter it self and removing the bed plug? I'm glad I saw this thread cause I've been wondering where it was located cause my plan is to remove it completely and get a mother tuffy storage box for that side so I have more secure storage.

Can anyone elaborate anymore on this to help guide me on this mission?

8. Nov 8, 2014 at 5:49 PM
    Zealous1

Zealous1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    USA
    Vehicle:
    11 TRD's
    Kings & SC
    I put a JL stealth box under my center console. Moved the inverter under passenger seat and JL amp under driver seat. No issues. I have an Access cab.

Products Discussed in

To Top