1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Kenwood x994 or Pioneer double-din?

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by rb11701, Aug 25, 2010.

1. Aug 25, 2010 at 7:09 AM
    rb11701

rb11701 [OP] Oh yeah!

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Vehicle:
    '09 Silver Streak TRD Off-Road
    Rear Suspension TSB, DTRL Mod, aFe Pro-Dry S,USA Spec PA15-TOY iPod Adapter, Dynolock Tailgate Lock, UltraGauge OBDII Scanner, CoverKing Neoprene Seat Covers
    Anybody have any experience or seen one of these in person? I am trying to decide if I want this or a Pioneer double-din.

The choices are:

Kenwood x994
    Pioneer 4200DVD
    Pioneer 920BT

The x994 is a nice deck feature wise. Not sure if I like the gloss and that big knob.

The Pioneer's are nice too. The 4200 is sexy with it's full screen. I am leary about the motorized screen. I would have to add Nav and BT later. Nav for sure, BT I dunno. The 2V pre-out and lower SNR rating (96 vs 100+ for Kenwood) are a kinda downer I guess.
    The 920BT has all those features packed in. And while not as sexy as the 4200, still good looking. Just more money up front now (I have to get dash kit, sterring wheel adapter, wire harness and amp wiring kit).

So, the big question is single-din or double-din. The doubles are nice but I worry about thieves. The kenwoods face comes off. I know there is a fake faceplate that goes over the double din on ebay, but.. more cost.

I like having a GPS. BT I have never had before but I would think it is cool. I feel the Kenwood is a better audio deck than both Pioneer's. However the extra's the Pioneers give are quite nice too.

Anybody care to comment? And if you have a 920Bt installed or the x994 installed please post up a pic. Thanks!​

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.

Products Discussed in

To Top