Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

mp3 interface

Old 07-08-2008, 04:01 AM   #1
army9403 is on a distinguished road
Army: 5-5 ada delta battery, 2nd infantry division
army9403's Tacoma Gallery
mp3 interface

anyone have any suggestions on a good mp3 interface.

i bought one for 40 bucks at circuit city about 3 months ago but my complaints are that it doesnt charge my mp3 player and the volume is limited.

i am seeking one that can charge my player, doesnt limit my volume, and possibly something i can control as far as seeking tracks with my steering controls.

help is much appreciated. thanks fellow taco owners
Old 08-24-2008, 07:34 AM   #3
rdcowan will become famous soon enough
rdcowan's Tacoma Gallery
Just want an MP3 cable to my Radio/CD

I have the stock AM/FM Radio / CD and want to know if there is an 'easy' way to just plug my MP3 player cable (small stereo phono) into the radio. I'd be happy with a cable that ran into the glove compartment where I could put my player and plug it in.
Old 08-24-2008, 02:12 PM   #4
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdcowan View Post
I have the stock AM/FM Radio / CD and want to know if there is an 'easy' way to just plug my MP3 player cable (small stereo phono) into the radio. I'd be happy with a cable that ran into the glove compartment where I could put my player and plug it in.
If you have an ipod.... there are many options to directly hookup to your factory stereo. I have the ipod2car unit. If you search "ipod interface" on this forum (upper right in blue bar), you'll find more information.

If you don't have an ipod ...you might wanna search Google by using the name (brand) of your MP3 player. You'll probably get better results. Connectivity will depend on the actual MP3 player you are using.
Old 08-24-2008, 05:43 PM   #5
rdcowan will become famous soon enough
rdcowan's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
If you have an ipod.... there are many options to directly hookup to your factory stereo. I have the ipod2car unit. If you search "ipod interface" on this forum (upper right in blue bar), you'll find more information.

If you don't have an ipod ...you might wanna search Google by using the name (brand) of your MP3 player. You'll probably get better results. Connectivity will depend on the actual MP3 player you are using.
Thanks Janster. I'll try your search suggestions.
Old 08-27-2008, 04:05 PM   #6
Gonein60seconds is on a distinguished road

Gonein60seconds's Tacoma Gallery
I just installed a Blitzsafe Aux interface for MP3 players. I purchased it on Ebay from Intergration Solutions. Plugged in my Sansa 2gb Mp3 player and it works great. Check it out.
Old 08-28-2008, 08:36 AM   #7
Redneck from the hills
cbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
cbcs1987's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Thats kind of what I want to do,but I read somewhere (maybe crutchfield's website) that the Tacomas with a 6 disc changer aren't compatible with the ipod interface. Have you ever heard that?
Old 08-28-2008, 08:47 AM   #8
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbcs1987 View Post
Thats kind of what I want to do,but I read somewhere (maybe crutchfield's website) that the Tacomas with a 6 disc changer aren't compatible with the ipod interface. Have you ever heard that?
I have the 6 disc changer. The ipod2car plugs right into it. The ipod2car plugs into the CD port on the back.

I would assume the other brand setups use the same CD port to hook up to - but I can't be certain.
Old 08-28-2008, 08:51 AM   #9
Redneck from the hills
cbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
I have the 6 disc changer. The ipod2car plugs right into it. The ipod2car plugs into the CD port on the back.

I would assume the other brand setups use the same CD port to hook up to - but I can't be certain.
I would say that they probably do. Thanks for the help. Now I just gotta wait 5 more days and I'll be getting my truck and one of these things the very next day
Old 08-28-2008, 08:57 AM   #10
Gonein60seconds is on a distinguished road

Gonein60seconds's Tacoma Gallery
That is very true for the 6 disc changer (incompatible). It worked out for me that I have a one disc player. Hopefully they will come up with something that will be compatible.
Old 08-28-2008, 09:00 AM   #11
Old & Forgetful

Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I would say that they probably do. Thanks for the help. Now I just gotta wait 5 more days and I'll be getting my truck and one of these things the very next day
Shop around for prices....
This is where I got mine
http://cgi.ebay.com/Peripheral-PXDP-...QQcmdZViewItem

And here's an install write-up. Similar install as the 6 disc changer. http://aaronlinsdau.com/gear/articles/ipod2car.html
Old 08-28-2008, 09:08 AM   #12
Aspiring wrench monkey
TacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of light

TacoCo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
A Tacoma with a separate 6 disc changer is incompatible because the 6 disc changer uses the same input as the ipod adapter, the in-dash changer doesn't use the input, so it's not a problem.
Old 08-28-2008, 09:09 AM   #13
Redneck from the hills

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoCo View Post
A Tacoma with a separate 6 disc changer is incompatible because the 6 disc changer uses the same input as the ipod adapter, the in-dash changer doesn't use the input, so it's not a problem.
Could I possibly just unplug the changer? If I could use the Ipod I wouldnt have a use for the changer. I've not got to see behind the unit so Idk what it looks like. If I were able to just unplug the disc changer and plug in the ipod interface I'd do that.
Old 08-28-2008, 09:15 AM   #14
Old & Forgetful

Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Could I possibly just unplug the changer? If I could use the Ipod I wouldnt have a use for the changer. I've not got to see behind the unit so Idk what it looks like. If I were able to just unplug the disc changer and plug in the ipod interface I'd do that.
Exactly... You'd have to unplug any external CD changer you currently have in order to plug the ipod interface in.
Old 08-28-2008, 09:28 AM   #15
Redneck from the hills

Quote:
Exactly... You'd have to unplug any external CD changer you currently have in order to plug the ipod interface in.
Well thats that! Thanks for the quick help. This place is a lot better than any other forum I have ever been on. Most of them would just flame for asking questions like I just did. Glad to be here..

Sorry to thread jack
Old 08-28-2008, 10:24 AM   #16
taconinja is just really nicetaconinja is just really nicetaconinja is just really nicetaconinja is just really nice

taconinja's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to taconinja
I have and love a Microsoft Zune. I need the SYNC system from Ford, haha...