1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

System? Help? Ideas?

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by rcfreak201, Sep 3, 2010.

1. Sep 3, 2010 at 11:36 PM
    rcfreak201

rcfreak201 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
  2. Sep 4, 2010 at 5:49 AM
    Rocketball

Rocketball If The World Didn't Suck, We'd All Fall Off

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Westminster, MD
    Vehicle:
    08 Speedway Blue DC Sport 4x4
    Pioneer head unit, PAC steering wheel control modual, Hard wired Sirius radio, Hard wired radar detector, Hella Supertone horns, Blacked out badges, Smoked Tails, BHLM (color matched Speedway Blue), T-Rex Eyelids, Black Powder Coated Billet Grill, Color Matched Engine Cover, Lund in channel vent visors, FJ Cruiser wheels, Leer 100XQ shell, OEM bed mat, Piezo beeper for locking doors, Tinted front side windows, Black Westin bull bar, Aires tube steps, Mini Maglite Mod, D-Cell Maglite Mod, Weathertech Digifit Floor Mats
    OK, so here's what I've done, and I love the sound and amount of bass I'm getting.

I installed Pioneer single DIN HU (an older model that I puller from my Jeep 2 years ago) and just upgraded the speakers 3 weeks ago with Pioneer TS Series. 6.5" in the rear, and 6" x 9" in the front.

No amp installed.

At times the rear view mirror vibrates so hard it's difficult to see what's behind me.

If you figure $200 for the HU, I've got about $500 spent all together. IMO awesome sound for the amount of money I have spent.

After you have a HU and speakers picked out that you like, check in with Mr. Marv. He's a vendor and member on the site. He has an audio biz on the West Coast and can be very helpful in figuring things out for you.

I had already purchased my speakers when I contacted him, and he knew right away that I needed extra deep speaker rings for my 6x9's. He made me the speaker rings and shipped them right out at a great price.

3. Sep 4, 2010 at 9:38 AM
    steve o 77

steve o 77 braaap

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    In a corn field, OH
    Vehicle:
    1990 Chevy Siveraydo
    245k+ miles, rust, working AC, bald eagles
    head unit. It's sometimes also called a deck, or stereo.

4. Sep 5, 2010 at 5:56 AM
    Rocketball

Rocketball If The World Didn't Suck, We'd All Fall Off

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Westminster, MD
    Vehicle:
    08 Speedway Blue DC Sport 4x4
    Pioneer head unit, PAC steering wheel control modual, Hard wired Sirius radio, Hard wired radar detector, Hella Supertone horns, Blacked out badges, Smoked Tails, BHLM (color matched Speedway Blue), T-Rex Eyelids, Black Powder Coated Billet Grill, Color Matched Engine Cover, Lund in channel vent visors, FJ Cruiser wheels, Leer 100XQ shell, OEM bed mat, Piezo beeper for locking doors, Tinted front side windows, Black Westin bull bar, Aires tube steps, Mini Maglite Mod, D-Cell Maglite Mod, Weathertech Digifit Floor Mats
    If you do all of the install work, you can do a system upgrade for right around $500, but it won't have a sub or amp.

I did a Pioneer single DIN HU (with an iPod cable) and Pioneer TS Series speakers for $500. That included all the dodads, accessories, hardware, etc. that was required to complete the upgrade.

I bought the HU and speakers on line (ebay). They were all brand new in the factory sealed box. I saved a ton of $ money doing that. I got the speakers for 1/2 the price most on line retailers were asking. :D

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.

Products Discussed in

To Top