1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

USA-SPEC 15 install

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by LRogers621, Jul 8, 2008.

1. Jul 8, 2008 at 5:49 AM
    LRogers621

LRogers621 [OP] New Member

Member:
    League City, TX
    Vehicle:
    08 Pre SR5
    First post. 08 Off-Road. I have read many posts about this install. Most have however taken the Ipod lead to the glove box or to the small pocket left of the steering wheel or center console. I prefer to run the Ipod lead straight down to the two trays below the air conditioning controls. Anyone with any tips on how to do this? There is a panel that looks like it needs to be removed and perhaps drilled to pass the lead. How do you remove this panel? Or accomplish this Ipod location. Any help, greatly appreciated. Thanks

2. Jul 8, 2008 at 8:16 AM
    Johnson8537

Johnson8537 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD SPORT 4x4 Double Cab Long bed
    Revtek Leveling Kit with 1 1/2 block spacer in rear. 17" MotoMetal blacks on 32" tires. Access Lorado Tonneau - Bed mat Billet Grill Tinted Windows Pioneer 700BT with PAC steering wheel inerface. Wet Okole Seat Covers Front and back.
    I would drill a hole in the corner of where you want the final location to be. The run the small side of the wire through the hole leaving the side to connect the ipod in the final location. Run the wire to the side of the transmission hump and then fron there get a flexible pincher and run the wire back up to the stereo. Should be a 5 min job.
    (Run the pincher down from the stereo, pinch teh wire and pull it through...)I hope that makes sense...

Products Discussed in

To Top