1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rattle

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by ace99025, Jul 8, 2008.

1. Jul 8, 2008 at 4:22 PM
    ace99025

ace99025 [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    01 tacoma prerunner v6
    k and n cold air intake, air raid throttle body spacer, 2" leveling spacer, american racing mojave teflon wheels, flowmaster 40 series and soon to be amazing pioneer premier sound system once my box is finished!!
    My two twelves are making my car rattle now. Does anybody know if bestbuy has something they offer to remove the rattles??

2. Jul 8, 2008 at 8:11 PM
    sooner07

sooner07 1/2 man 1/2 amazing

Member:
    First Name:
    A A Ron
    DFW, Texas
    Vehicle:
    Debadged 2008 Rugged Trail
    Toytec ultimate lift kit, light racing UCAs, ARB bumper and full skid plates underneath. Looking into redoing the suspension and maybe repainting the ol' Taco.
    There is nothing that will remove the rattles... but there are products that can change the resonant frequency of parts that are rattling as well as dampen the effects of the rattles.

Dynamat is a product line that BB sells, but I'd recommend other products for the price. Search for Rammat, Rick sells quality product at a better price than you can get Dynamat.

3. Jul 10, 2008 at 9:00 PM
    mneuls

mneuls Well-Known Member

Member:
    Fort St John, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    5100's and dakar leaf 3"lift, Satoshi grill,
    Bilstein 5100's front and back, dakar 3" leaf springs, Westin bull bar, piaa driving lights, piaa replacement bulbs, H/U, 2x10" mtx tt65 subs, 1000w clarion monoblock, Mtx surround speakers. green wire mod. Flowmaster 40, airaid intake. scanguage II.
    That's not really true, Depending on what is rattling, you could purchase a wide range of products, If it is the metal body panels that are rattling, you would be good to go with dynamat or some other sound deadener, like the guy before me said, but dynamat doesn't stop your interior panels from rattling. To stop that from happening, you can purchase really thin foam tape from your local hardware store, or you can buy felt or flocked tape online, or at an audio store. It's pretty simple, you just disassemble the interior, and put it back together after you place the tape along the edges where the panels will be likely to rattle. When I did my civic, I put a bass test cd in the player, and put in ear plugs, so I could hear the rattling quite clearly, and went through and used flocked tape to remove the rattles one by one, testing a full range of frequencies. I plan to do this with my truck as well.

I ordered the jl steathboxes, and when they arrive I plan to do a full walkthrough, (panel removal, amp wiring, door speaker install, door speaker bracket cutouts, dash removal, dash kit intallation, sub box installation, squeak and rattle noise reduction etc...) Which nobody seems to have done yet. (although most of the stuff can be found somewhere on the net)

4. Jul 10, 2008 at 9:17 PM
    TorenApart

TorenApart Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    06 Double Cab SR5 TRD Sport
    Toytec Ultimate Lift Kit, OME Nitrocharger shocks and Dakar leafs, Total Chaos UCA's, 18'' Black XD Monster, 285/60R18 Cooper Zeon LTZ, Leer shell, OEM Skid Plate, Weather Tech Floor Mats, Lund Tonneau, Custom 2-tone gray leather, Aero Turbine 2525 muffler with AR25 resonator, Aero Turbine Exhaust Tip, Mr. Marv subwoofer enclosure w/ 2 JL 10W3v2's, AFE Pro Dry S, Eclipse AVN-6620, Pioneer PRS-D2100T, Hybrid Audio Clarus 6.5'' Front Components, Black Headlight Mod, Tinted tail lights, PL5300 with Eclipse BEC-109

I am curious to hear how the stealth box sounds. What made you decide on that? I am considering 2 JL 10W3V3-4's in a premade box for the tacos... Do you think the stealth boxes are superior, or have any other thoughts?

5. Jul 10, 2008 at 9:24 PM
    mneuls

mneuls Well-Known Member

Member:
    Fort St John, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    5100's and dakar leaf 3"lift, Satoshi grill,
    Bilstein 5100's front and back, dakar 3" leaf springs, Westin bull bar, piaa driving lights, piaa replacement bulbs, H/U, 2x10" mtx tt65 subs, 1000w clarion monoblock, Mtx surround speakers. green wire mod. Flowmaster 40, airaid intake. scanguage II.
    I liked the look of them, and I saw a one (for a different vehicle) at the audio shop in town, and I liked it. also it only takes up the room behind the two seats, leaving me a ton of room for amplifiers and such behind the other seat.

6. Jul 12, 2008 at 5:45 PM
    sooner07

sooner07 1/2 man 1/2 amazing

Member:
    First Name:
    A A Ron
    DFW, Texas
    Vehicle:
    Debadged 2008 Rugged Trail
    Toytec ultimate lift kit, light racing UCAs, ARB bumper and full skid plates underneath. Looking into redoing the suspension and maybe repainting the ol' Taco.
    I stand by my statement that nothing will remove rattles; its an arguement of symantics. However, you can secure parts that are moving (taping down securing in some fashion) or change the resonant frequency of the assembly that is rattling. This is what dynamat does. It won't stop a body panel from rattling, it just adds mass to the object to make it harder to move and also changes the frequency that it moves at to a more desirable frequency (one that is inaudible).

7. Jul 12, 2008 at 10:54 PM
    pb2themax

pb2themax Mod Master

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport 4x4
  8. Jul 13, 2008 at 10:09 AM
    Johnson8537

Johnson8537 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD SPORT 4x4 Double Cab Long bed
    Revtek Leveling Kit with 1 1/2 block spacer in rear. 17" MotoMetal blacks on 32" tires. Access Lorado Tonneau - Bed mat Billet Grill Tinted Windows Pioneer 700BT with PAC steering wheel inerface. Wet Okole Seat Covers Front and back.

Products Discussed in

To Top