LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Pioneer AVIC-X920BT (and Adapters) Install Drawing

Old 09-06-2010, 03:16 PM   #1
fng
wizzard has a spectacular aura aboutwizzard has a spectacular aura aboutwizzard has a spectacular aura about
Navy:
wizzard's Tacoma Gallery
Pioneer AVIC-X920BT (and Adapters) Install Drawing

For those of you looking to install a Pioneer X920BT with harness and SWI adapters, the below drawing might help. I put it together for my install (just completed) and it worked well.

Also below is a pic of the finished product. I'll have more pics available and if I get the time, a write up of the install.

Old 09-06-2010, 04:55 PM   #2
cstorer is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
cstorer's Tacoma Gallery
How did you get your screen to fit so nicely in the dash kit? I have the metra dash kit and it's not even close using the stock metal harness. The angle of the screen seems off in relation to the dash kit, and it's kinda set back.
Old 09-06-2010, 04:59 PM   #3
PIMP
HeadTaco is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
HeadTaco's Tacoma Gallery
/\ /\ same question i had. Just instaleed the pioneer 3200dvd and it does not line up well in the metra kit.
Old 09-06-2010, 05:28 PM   #4
Bozack is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement:
Name: Rube
Bozack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cstorer View Post
How did you get your screen to fit so nicely in the dash kit? I have the metra dash kit and it's not even close using the stock metal harness. The angle of the screen seems off in relation to the dash kit, and it's kinda set back.
Try this:
http://www.amazon.com/Scosche-TA2053...3817804&sr=8-2
Old 09-06-2010, 05:40 PM   #5
fng
wizzard has a spectacular aura aboutwizzard has a spectacular aura aboutwizzard has a spectacular aura about
Navy:
wizzard's Tacoma Gallery
I used the Scosche kit but did not use thier plastic mountings. I used the OEM metal mountings though only three of four bolts lined up. Except for the HU trim piece that doesn't want to seat any further, the dash kit is a good fit - albeit not a color match (matches buttons rather than vent trim). Also made sure to transfer the yellow mounting clips from the OEM dash kit.
Old 10-04-2010, 11:55 AM   #6
fng
Navy:
wizzard's Tacoma Gallery
bump for a friend
Old 10-04-2010, 12:03 PM   #7
Sounds Gooooood
ItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
ItalynStylion's Tacoma Gallery
Excellent diagram and certainly a great post. +rep
Old 10-04-2010, 01:31 PM   #8
ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!
Bama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bama_TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Nice diagram. I just did this same install myself and I used the Scosche kit and the factory metal brackets. Mine fits just like yours. I got my flip down monitor to mount on the ceiling last week but haven't installed it yet.
Old 10-04-2010, 02:06 PM   #9
Hmmmm
TurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gabe
TurboGT's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone know if the PAC SWI-JACK would install using the same wires/resistor?
Old 10-04-2010, 03:28 PM   #10
bookmonke has much to be proud ofbookmonke has much to be proud ofbookmonke has much to be proud ofbookmonke has much to be proud ofbookmonke has much to be proud ofbookmonke has much to be proud ofbookmonke has much to be proud ofbookmonke has much to be proud of
Name: Mark
bookmonke's Tacoma Gallery
How does your trim ring sit, mine is just laying in there and sometime vibrates, it has nubs but they don't seem to work.
Old 10-05-2010, 01:12 PM   #11
fng
Navy:
wizzard's Tacoma Gallery
The trim ring simply sets in mine as well....though I don't have any problems with it bouncing around or making noise. It seems the ring simply won't go far enough back in the dash kit to mate with the correct place on the HU
Old 10-05-2010, 01:29 PM   #12
ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!
Bama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

My trim ring is the same way. I put some 3m double sided tape on the back side and it sticks on the top edge of the ring, but not the bottom. It keeps it from rattling though.
Old 10-10-2010, 04:32 PM   #13
zeuz519 is on a distinguished road

Name: Robert
zeuz519's Tacoma Gallery
Wizzard - this was a great help to me when installing my AVIC-X920BT!

THANKS!
Old 10-10-2010, 08:00 PM   #14
RX2RIDE is a jewel in the roughRX2RIDE is a jewel in the roughRX2RIDE is a jewel in the rough
RX2RIDE's Tacoma Gallery
I am looking to replace my stock stereo. How do you like this one?
Old 10-11-2010, 06:44 AM   #15
ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!

I will speak with my experience. I've had mine for 3 weeks now and I absolutely love it. My commute is about 3 hours a day total so I've had a lot of time to enjoy it. Ipod functionality is great. GPS works well, not as good as my Tom Tom, but I really don't care. I work in Birmingham and the built in GPS is a plus. I've already had a Garmin stolen and my window busted out because I had it up in the window (stupid on my part). This weekend I installed an overhead video monitor so my 2 year old can watch movies in the back on long trips. I couldn't be happier, especially since I got mine when it was 30% off.

Note added: I forgot to mention the Bluetooth. I really didn't care that much about it when I bought it since I used an earpiece bluetooth, but I haven't touched my earpiece BT since I got my head unit. It is really clear on my end and the people on the other end don't have any problem hearing me either.
Old 10-18-2010, 05:54 AM   #17
fng
Navy:
wizzard's Tacoma Gallery
Yours seems to sit a bit more vertical and forward. Did you use the HU mounting bracket from the dash kit rather than the original?
Old 10-18-2010, 10:35 AM   #18
TOYWERX
HomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
HomerTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizzard View Post
Yours seems to sit a bit more vertical and forward. Did you use the HU mounting bracket from the dash kit rather than the original?
Yeah, I used the plastic HU Mounts that came with the scoshe kit instead of the stock metal mounts.
The stock mounts worked great with the Metra Kit and my previous HU - which was an Eclipse.
I know it looks like is is set back a bit but it really fit like a glove. - NO Rattles!
just waiting on my iphone cord & the HD Tuner now.
I also found out where to hook up the reverse wire & the speed sensor wire.
When I take it apart to hook up the rest I'll post some pic's.
Thank again!