1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

lotsa questions!

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by hoyta, Sep 15, 2010.

1. Sep 15, 2010 at 12:18 PM
    hoyta

hoyta [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Camden,NC
    Vehicle:
    08 Rugged Trail DC
    Hello all!
    I am going to be putting in M B Quart (old reference)components in the front, and old reference series in the rear. As for the amp, I have an Infinity kappa 4 channel, and a Memphis 12. I plan on running the comps off the amp, and bridging the other 2 channels to the sub.
    What wires do I run to the comps crossover? Also, where do I run the speaker wire from the amp to for the comps? As for the wires from the HU to the speakers- Do I need the adapters, or can I splice the wires and connect them to the speakers?
    Thanks!
    -Adam

2. Sep 15, 2010 at 1:00 PM
    supersuk

supersuk Well-Known Member

Member:
    Honolulu, HI
    Vehicle:
    2010 Dcab TRD Sport Magnetic Gray
    Sounds!
    Well you could do it a couple ways:

1. Use one channel to power the Front and Rear Left speakers and use the other channel to power the Front and Rear Right speakers. Use the other two (bridged) to power the sub like you said. I don't believe the infiniti kappa amplifiers are 2 ohm stable when bridged so just make sure your sub is either 4 ohm SVC or 2 ohm DVC. With this configuration you will lose the front to rear fading capabilities.

2. Use one channel to power the Front Left speaker and use the other channel to power the Front Right speakers. Use the other two (bridged) to power the sub like you said. I don't believe the infiniti kappa amplifiers are 2 ohm stable when bridged so just make sure your sub is either 4 ohm SVC or 2 ohm DVC. The Rear speakers can be powered by the headunit you're using. With this configuration you will have the front to rear fading capabilities along with left to right balance.

As far as the speaker wires go, it all depends where you mount your amp. I doubt you'll have room under the seat with that amplifier so i'll be assuming you'll mount it to the back wall (assuming again that you have a double cab). I would run the wires down the side channel under the trim and through the doors. There's a lot of room to put speaker wires there, that's what I did.

Remember, I did a lot of assumptions so make sure its right.

3. Sep 15, 2010 at 2:40 PM
    81shark

81shark Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2006 Base Access CP1
    there a great sticky up top showing where to run alot of wires.

met set up has the rca cables running from the HU, down under the center console to my amp under my drivers seat. from there, i ran the speaker udner the carpet and than under the sill to the front and rear, thru the rubber wire holder that connects the door to the body.

pretty simple.

4. Sep 15, 2010 at 2:43 PM
    supersuk

supersuk Well-Known Member

Member:
    Honolulu, HI
    Vehicle:
    2010 Dcab TRD Sport Magnetic Gray
    Sounds!
    Dammit, thats the word I was looking for!! Channel = Door Sill LOL I seriously brain farted there...

5. Sep 15, 2010 at 4:08 PM
    hoyta

hoyta [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Camden,NC
    Vehicle:
    08 Rugged Trail DC
    I actuallt meant where do the wires connect?! lol
    Obviously I did not word my post correctly!!!!!!

Products Discussed in

To Top