Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Blue remote wire from amp.

Old 09-22-2010, 05:21 PM   #1
Tidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Tidrow's Tacoma Gallery
Blue remote wire from amp.

Qucik question... where's the blue remote wire from the amp go to? Pics would be sweet. Thanks all,
Old 09-22-2010, 05:27 PM   #2
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
Depends, are you running the stock or an aftermarket head unit? If it's aftermarket there should be a connection for the remote turn on, if not you'll have to tap into a wire that gets power with the ignition on.
Old 09-22-2010, 05:27 PM   #3
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
It goes to the amp. It tells the amp when the head unit is on or off so the amp doesn't stay on.
Old 09-22-2010, 05:38 PM   #4
Tidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Tidrow's Tacoma Gallery
sorry for not being more specific. I have the deck installed a while back. I'm hooking up an amp with a sub. I was wondering were to run the blue wire from the amp. Doesn't it go to a fuse or something.

Or are you guys saying to run the amp remote wire to the blue one coming out of the head unit?
Old 09-22-2010, 05:59 PM   #5
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
Doesn't go to a fuse, it will go to your headunit. One of the wires on the aftermarket headunit should be labeled as the remote lead turn on. I believe that it was in fact blue on the last aftermarket headunit I had. This connection is specifically for this purpose.
Old 09-22-2010, 07:50 PM   #6

Tidrow's Tacoma Gallery
thanks for the tips on the amp. I have it hooked up now but there is only treble coming through the sub. It is a four channel amp and I'm not sure how to hook the speakers up. Anythoughts?
Old 09-22-2010, 08:14 PM   #7
Money Pit
tacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant future

Name: Chase
tacoma89's Tacoma Gallery
i just installed a new deck and 4 channel amp this weekend. It was not hard at all and this was my first time. I however did not use the stock wiring. I re-wired from the amp to the speakers. so a pos and neg from each channel of the amp to the speaker.
Old 09-22-2010, 08:53 PM   #8

Tidrow's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoma89 View Post
i just installed a new deck and 4 channel amp this weekend. It was not hard at all and this was my first time. I however did not use the stock wiring. I re-wired from the amp to the speakers. so a pos and neg from each channel of the amp to the speaker.
I'll do it this way when It comes time, just worried about powering a sub at the moment.
Old 09-22-2010, 08:56 PM   #9

Tidrow's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoma89 View Post

thanks everyone, the blue wire has been handled