Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

can i power my front speakers and a sub with a bridgeable amp (200w x 2 @4ohms)?

Old 09-23-2010, 06:10 PM   #2
Sounds Gooooood
ItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
ItalynStylion's Tacoma Gallery
Sure....why not?
Old 09-24-2010, 04:37 AM   #4
Taco Supreme!
roboots21 is on a distinguished road
Name: Brian
roboots21's Tacoma Gallery
Just use speaker plug adapters to plug in your new rear speakers to the original factory harnesses or just leave the stockers in there and they will powered by the head unit. You don't have to do anything special for the rear speakers. I have mine run off the head unit and they are in there just for rear sound fill is all.
Old 09-24-2010, 04:56 AM   #5
Sounds Gooooood
ItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
ItalynStylion's Tacoma Gallery
^Yup.

And that's if you choose to run rear speakers. I don't.
Old 09-24-2010, 05:37 AM   #6
tooth sleuth is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooth sleuth is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooth sleuth is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooth sleuth is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooth sleuth is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooth sleuth is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooth sleuth is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooth sleuth is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooth sleuth is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooth sleuth is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooth sleuth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ben
tooth sleuth's Tacoma Gallery
yup, i was thinking about forgoing the rear speakers all together. I've dampened all the doors inside and out with BXTII and ensolite, back wall as well. Got some great 6x9's and 5 1/4's with new tweeters recommended by Marv (what a great guy), and have a box for an arc 10 sub being built by him too. I'm looking forward to getting that sub and feeling some chest pounding bass. I probably won't even notice the rear speakers anyway. what a difference from factory setup. Now what do i do with that factory 6 disc head unit?