1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Pioneer Z110BT and Z120BT - Whats the Diff?

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by tommyxv, Sep 24, 2010.

1. Sep 24, 2010 at 5:38 PM
    tommyxv

tommyxv [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Delaware
    Vehicle:
    '11 DC 4x4 TRD Sport
    Other than a slight appearance diff, I cannot find why one MSRPs for $200 more.

p.jpg

2. Sep 24, 2010 at 5:49 PM
    tommyxv

Member:
    Delaware
    Vehicle:
    '11 DC 4x4 TRD Sport
    That's what I thought.... But the newer model is the cheaper one. LOL

3. Sep 24, 2010 at 5:52 PM
    PSUnick

PSUnick Lets Go State!

Member:
    MA
    Vehicle:
    2007 AC 4x4 Sport
    The newer model has the lower MSRP.

It is economics. Consumer spending levels coupled with sales expectations has set a lower MSRP for the new unit.

Hardware wise, they are identical. The Z120BT has a software upgrade, which is primarily focused on the AV interface. I had a Z110BT, and recently did the software upgrade to the Z120BT.

If Pioneer follows recent history, there will be a Z130BT next year, and if you own a Z110BT or Z120BT you will be able to upgrade the software to the Z130BT for about $200 MSRP.

If you feel brave, you can upgrade for free with the recently discovered password verification hack.

4. Sep 24, 2010 at 5:54 PM
    PSUnick

PSUnick Lets Go State!

Member:
    MA
    Vehicle:
    2007 AC 4x4 Sport
    The Z120BT supports the MSN traffic tuner. I would not recommend getting it, however, as it has limited coverage, and where it has coverage is often incorrect.

5. Sep 24, 2010 at 5:58 PM
    tommyxv

Member:
    Delaware
    Vehicle:
    '11 DC 4x4 TRD Sport
    So does the 110BT come with the update if I buy it now? Or there is noway to know. I want it for the NAV, Bluetooth and iPod. I plan to use it with the factory speakers. So the 110BT has a better Nav?

6. Sep 24, 2010 at 6:03 PM
    TRD Larry

TRD Larry trd larry

Member:
    First Name:
    Larry
    South Park, PA
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tacoma Black,Sport,Premium and Tech Package
    Sport pedals,, Magnaflow cat back exhaust system,Kuhmo 275x55x20, Platinum #220 Abyss wheels 20x9.5. Under hood lights, OEM LED cargo bed lights, extra D-rings installed in bed, AC mod, diff. breather mod, OEM LED puddle lights and footwell lights, Homelink mirror, oil catch can, raptor grille lights, replaced chrome grille molding with black molding, tailgate lock/unlock and tailgate opener, console organizer, glove compartment organizer, Caliraised stealth LED light bar, TRD Cold Air Intake, Lighted cup holders, Meso extended fuse cover, Meso stage 1 tail lights, Meso switch panel, Door bowl lights. Anytime front and rear backup camera mod. TRD Pro Rigid fog lights.Door edge guards. TRD Pro shift knob with Boomer's TRD LED light (Red for security, blue for interior), Glass Break Sensor, sensor with LED light tied into the security LED light, OEM LED Headlights, Sequential LED Turn Signals.
    I did the upgrade to the z120bt and like the new software and displays better than the 120. The 1 problem I have is getting the Music Sphere to work. I downloaded the software, it analized my itunes library and created the 40 Music Sphere playlists. When I synced my ipod the Music Sphere playlists did not copy over. Don't know what I am during wrong. Has anyone got the Music Sphere to work? The software downloaded OK, but the 1 disclaimer was the software would not work on Windows7 64 bit machine. That is what I have. Does anyone else have the same operating system and got Music Sphere to work?

7. Sep 24, 2010 at 6:07 PM
    PSUnick

PSUnick Lets Go State!

Member:
    MA
    Vehicle:
    2007 AC 4x4 Sport
    The Z110BT does not come with the update. It has the Z110BT software. You could update for free at your own risk, or buy the upgrade outright.

The NAV is the same between the Z110BT and Z120BT. The Z120BT maps are updated to the 2010 Tele Atlas maps, where as the Z110BT has the 2009 Tele Atlas maps.

Larry I will try to the musicsphere out. I too am running win 7 64bit. But with my fresh install of windows i have not installed itunes. Apple makes great hardware, but their software sucks.

8. Sep 24, 2010 at 6:09 PM
    TRD Larry

TRD Larry trd larry

Member:
    First Name:
    Larry
    South Park, PA
    Vehicle:
    Sport pedals,, Magnaflow cat back exhaust system,Kuhmo 275x55x20, Platinum #220 Abyss wheels 20x9.5. Under hood lights, OEM LED cargo bed lights, extra D-rings installed in bed, AC mod, diff. breather mod, OEM LED puddle lights and footwell lights, Homelink mirror, oil catch can, raptor grille lights, replaced chrome grille molding with black molding, tailgate lock/unlock and tailgate opener, console organizer, glove compartment organizer, Caliraised stealth LED light bar, TRD Cold Air Intake, Lighted cup holders, Meso extended fuse cover, Meso stage 1 tail lights, Meso switch panel, Door bowl lights. Anytime front and rear backup camera mod. TRD Pro Rigid fog lights.Door edge guards. TRD Pro shift knob with Boomer's TRD LED light (Red for security, blue for interior), Glass Break Sensor, sensor with LED light tied into the security LED light, OEM LED Headlights, Sequential LED Turn Signals.
    The 110 does not come with the update. That is $200 more from Pioneer. You can order it from them or try thr hack that someone says can be done.

9. Sep 24, 2010 at 6:12 PM
    tommyxv

Member:
    Delaware
    Vehicle:
    '11 DC 4x4 TRD Sport
    Makes sense to get the cheaper 120BT with the newer maps already.

10. Sep 24, 2010 at 6:13 PM
    TRD Larry

TRD Larry trd larry

Member:
    First Name:
    Larry
    South Park, PA
    Vehicle:
    Thanks PSUnick. I think the apple software is OK, not sure about the Pioneer software though.
    I think Penn State is going to have a tough year. My daughter went to PS and since then I got hooked on them.

11. Sep 24, 2010 at 6:14 PM
    TRD Larry

TRD Larry trd larry

Member:
    First Name:
    Larry
    South Park, PA
    Vehicle:
    Check Amazon.com. They have a 20% or 30% coupon for the Pioneer products.

12. Sep 25, 2010 at 12:55 PM
    tommyxv

Member:
    Delaware
    Vehicle:
    '11 DC 4x4 TRD Sport
    I was checking out the Kenwood DNX-9960 and now I don't know which on to get. It looks nice.

I won't be putting any aftermarket speakers or amps in. Just want the in-dash Nav, Bluetooth, and XM.

13. Sep 29, 2010 at 4:11 PM
    TRD Larry

TRD Larry trd larry

Member:
    First Name:
    Larry
    South Park, PA
    Vehicle:
    Got Music Sphere working on the radio. Pretty slick how it works. Another new toy to play with.

14. Sep 29, 2010 at 4:46 PM
    tommyxv

Member:
    Delaware
    Vehicle:
    '11 DC 4x4 TRD Sport
    Cool... mine shipped today.

15. Oct 1, 2010 at 2:51 PM
    btacoma

btacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Roger
    texas
    Vehicle:
    ‘22 trd offroad
    Pro grille Raptor lights Interior mods
    the z-120 looks like it has a pandera button on the screen.

16. Oct 12, 2010 at 1:46 PM
    tapcon

tapcon Member

Member:
    Elkton, MD
    Vehicle:
    '09 Sliver PreRunner DCB LB TRD Sport
    OEM BED EXTENDER, OEM SKID PLATE, VALOR EXHAUST TIP
    I believe the 110 has a WVGA screen where as the 120 does not.

Products Discussed in

To Top