Notices

XM Radio with factory radio?

Old 09-29-2010, 06:36 PM   #1
mullinm is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Vt Air Guard
Name: mike
mullinm's Tacoma Gallery
XM Radio with factory radio?

Ok. I guess I'm the rookie here. I just had my XM rcvr installed in my 2010 Tacoma, and I am a bit stuck. First, I never rcv'd any formal paperwork, and need the serial# to activate and/or sign-up. The dealer said I can access that via the radio interface? How? Second, the local dealer told me different stories where/how they would install it. Now I can't find it? It went from installing under the rear seat, to under the dash, to back under the seat again. Now I can't find it anywhere? I called them, and apparently the tech that installs them is not there regularly, and they asked me to drive over there to help me find it?
Old 09-30-2010, 11:48 PM   #2
dolbytone is a name known to alldolbytone is a name known to alldolbytone is a name known to alldolbytone is a name known to alldolbytone is a name known to alldolbytone is a name known to all

dolbytone's Tacoma Gallery
Your receiver will show the number you need on its display if you tune to the right XM channel (no service is necessary for this). I don't know the channel number off hand since I use Sirius, it might be channel 1. If you can't figure it out, a call to their customer service line will get you an answer.
Old 10-11-2010, 03:17 PM   #3
FDSender is on a distinguished road

Name: Brad
FDSender's Tacoma Gallery
Another Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullinm View Post
Ok. I guess I'm the rookie here. I just had my XM rcvr installed in my 2010 Tacoma, and I am a bit stuck. First, I never rcv'd any formal paperwork, and need the serial# to activate and/or sign-up. The dealer said I can access that via the radio interface? How? Second, the local dealer told me different stories where/how they would install it. Now I can't find it? It went from installing under the rear seat, to under the dash, to back under the seat again. Now I can't find it anywhere? I called them, and apparently the tech that installs them is not there regularly, and they asked me to drive over there to help me find it?
Hello, new to Tacoma, and this site. Hope you can help!!! Bought a '10 Tacoma in April w/ the factory satellite ready single CD stereo (It has the AM/SAT button). Ready to go postal on Best Buy 'cause I get different answers from different stores, techs, etc. on what I actually need. I do not have the XM receiver as yet. I have purchased what they call a fit kit to go from the stereo to the receiver...I guess...It's pretty much a wire assembly with plugs on each end. Do I need anything else??? I want to keep the factory stereo because it sounds good and I'm not looking to go all techno on it. I also don't want another device hanging off my windshield! PLEASE HELP!!! Thanks a bunch!