1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Door Speaker Problems

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by WhyNotFab, Oct 2, 2010.

1. Oct 2, 2010 at 12:11 PM
    WhyNotFab

WhyNotFab [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ricky
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    '08 TRD Off Road
    in my passenger door when i roll window down all the way, ill randomly hear like a buzzing noise at times, then i can roll it up/back down, or hit a bump and itll stop, or sometimes does it when i open the door, but then also when i set the balance to all passenger side, i can notice that the 5x7 and tweeter are both very faint, barely hear anything from them. figured itd be a slimmer chance BOTH are blown, they seem to be nice JL 5x7s and Kicker tweeters, sound great in the other door.. any suggestions on what to check? would pinched wire do that? I could do away with the factory wire and run a new one direct from the harness through the jamb into the door maybe.

also, do replacement rear speakers fit right in? i know the doors have adapters.. but my rears are factory speakers still..

2. Oct 6, 2010 at 6:17 AM
    hookedontronics

hookedontronics Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Glenville, NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC Off Road 4x4
    Icon extended travel 3.5" front coilovers, DSM UCAs, TSB leaf pack w/ wheelers AAL, All Pro U-bolt flip kit, Walker Evans 2.0 rear shocks, 18" XD Monster rims, Nitto trail grappler 285/65R18 Tires, Color matched grill, Grillcraft, Kragen HIDs, Carling switches, my bed light mod, diff drop, Alpine IVA-W505, JL Audio C5 componets and coaxials, JL 300/4 and 250/1 amps and JL stealthbox, wheathertechs, avs vent visors, toyota bed x-tender, alcantara center console cover and door pocket covers, console vault, color matched mirrors, heated mirrors, etc etc etc
    the rear doors need adapters also

3. Oct 6, 2010 at 10:13 AM
    Killer

Killer Well-Known Member

Member:
    Mobile, Al.
    Vehicle:
    98 4x4 TRD V6 3.4L SR5 XCab Gold with Tan Int
    19,000 Original Miles, Factory Alarm, Factory Tow Package, Low Profile UWS Black Tool Box, 20ft. of Dynamat Xtreme, Pioneer Double Din DVD 3200BT, IPod Holder, Q Form Kick Panels, 3 Pairs of MB Quart component speakers, JL Audio Stealthbox, Alpine PDX-5 amp, PIAA Foglights, WeatherTech Floor Mats, Maxxis Big Horn Mud Tires 32 x 11.5 R x 15, Wet Okole Seat Cover for 60/40 Bench, 5100's Front & Rear, Wheeler's Single Leaf AAL, Warn 8,000 Winch, Warn Transformer Brush Guard, Stebel Nautilus Compact Horn
    I would start by looking for a loose speaker wire on back of the speaker. Then, if you are using an amp check for a loose speaker wire on the amp. Then, check for a loose RCA cable at the amp.

Products Discussed in

To Top