Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

infinity kappa vs alpine type s

Old 10-08-2010, 03:20 PM   #1
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
infinity kappa vs alpine type s

so i currently have infinity kappas all the way around, but i really havnt had any good luck with them..so im thinking about switching them out. to the type s. ive aske the guys at my work and they said the type s is a better speaker. but is it worth the $52 (for the front 6x9") (i get a discount for working at best buy ) ?
Old 10-08-2010, 06:55 PM   #2
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
bump
Old 10-08-2010, 07:01 PM   #4
My spoon is too Big!
xJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
xJuice's Tacoma Gallery
I'm actually surprised you're not happy with the infinity's. The 6x9's might be your problem. A set of components would help you.
Old 10-08-2010, 07:08 PM   #5
Panda Jerk

THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyota Tacoma View Post
kappas are better for subwoofers hands down, but for speakers i would go with the type-s, or if possible type R, i have type R's all the way around and they are crystal clear. Are you only doing the front speakers or all 4 ?
well i have a sub....the sub sounds great the speakers sound like crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xJuice View Post
I'm actually surprised you're not happy with the infinity's. The 6x9's might be your problem. A set of components would help you.
i would love a set of components but theres only a few 6x9 components
Old 10-08-2010, 07:08 PM   #6
No matter where you go there you are.
taco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Galen
taco084gb's Tacoma Gallery
Now I have the Alpine 6" door speakers with the tweeter at the top of the door in the Type S. They are fairly good until I crank them up. It seems like they are just not quite crisp to me. So I talked to a audio dealer here in town and he recommended the JBL speakers. They were cleaner and more profound in the highs than the Alpine's speakers. So I might be switching to them. I am also running a alpine 4 channel amp 50x4. NO subs.
Old 10-08-2010, 07:11 PM   #7
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda Jerk View Post
well i have a sub....the sub sounds great the speakers sound like crap.

i would love a set of components but theres only a few 6x9 components
Just get the adaptors to run some 6.5" components. Mr marv makes them.
Old 10-08-2010, 07:14 PM   #8
thegreatsam will become famous soon enoughthegreatsam will become famous soon enough

Name: Sam
thegreatsam's Tacoma Gallery
I am running the Alpine type-s 6.5 components in the front, and 6.5 coax in the back. They are an outstanding speaker. Very, very clear in the front (almost too much on the high end, I had to shift the sound to the back 2 notches on the fader), with a very excellent midrange. I used to run an Infinity Sub, but recently switched to a Type-S there as well, as my amp couldn't push the Infinity as well.

If you're not running an external amp, I would get the type-s anyways, as you won't be outputting enough power to really justify the type-r's. The type-r's want 110 RMS, while the type-s's take 80.
Old 10-08-2010, 07:15 PM   #9
Panda Jerk

THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
....hmmm that could be an option.

but as far as kappas vs type s goes kappas you guys think are better?
Old 10-08-2010, 07:15 PM   #10
Panda Jerk

THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatsam View Post
I am running the Alpine type-s 6.5 components in the front, and 6.5 coax in the back. They are an outstanding speaker. Very, very clear in the front (almost too much on the high end, I had to shift the sound to the back 2 notches on the fader), with a very excellent midrange. I used to run an Infinity Sub, but recently switched to a Type-S there as well, as my amp couldn't push the Infinity as well.

If you're not running an external amp, I would get the type-s anyways, as you won't be outputting enough power to really justify the type-r's. The type-r's want 110 RMS, while the type-s's take 80.
power isnt a problem for me man. i could run the type r's
Old 10-08-2010, 07:23 PM   #11
thegreatsam will become famous soon enoughthegreatsam will become famous soon enough

Name: Sam
thegreatsam's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda Jerk View Post
power isnt a problem for me man. i could run the type r's
Which amp are you running?

I just have a little PDX-5. It matches up pretty nicely with the Type-S all around.

Old 10-08-2010, 07:43 PM   #12
Panda Jerk

THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatsam View Post
Which amp are you running?

I just have a little PDX-5. It matches up pretty nicely with the Type-S all around.

right now i just have the mrp-f300 for my 4 channel and an mrp m500 for mt mono block