1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

1st Gen Box Question

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by lonzorizo, Oct 8, 2010.

1. Oct 8, 2010 at 8:39 PM
    lonzorizo

lonzorizo [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lonnie
    Hoopa, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2003 TRD OR, 2016 TRD OR Tacoma
  2. Oct 8, 2010 at 9:02 PM
    Toyota Tacoma

Toyota Tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brady
    Kelowna, bc
    Vehicle:
    dbl cab long box
    Suspension: -Bilistien 5100's all around -Add a leaf -Firestone ride rite air bags Performance: -K&N cold air -Borla cat back Stereo: -Pioneer AVH-X2500BT head unit -Kenwood 1400 shallow mount 12'' sub in custom box -Alpine 1100 amp -Alpine 400 4 channel -4 energy component 6.5's Wheels/tires: -17x9 with 4.5 backspacing XD hoss rims with 33'' bfTreadwright gaurd dogs and spidertrax spacers Looks: -Satoshi grille made by myself -Hood, front bumper, grille, roof, tailgate and rear bumper plasti-dipped. -BHLM -eyelids -matted out tailights -Tacoma bed mat Small mods : -Trailer 7 pin replaced and moved into bumper beside licence plate -Removed mud flaps -Repainted frame/lower a-arms, skid and rear diff/housing with por15 -Led bulbs -Interior lights replaced with blue led's -Beep on lock added
    looks too long, iv got one very similair and i just flipped up the rear seat pad and put it there, strapped it down with the seat belt. looks and works great

3. Oct 8, 2010 at 9:10 PM
    99tacosupreme

99tacosupreme Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Southern California
    Vehicle:
    1999 Black V6 PreRunner TRD
    Pioneer Headunit, Infinity Kappa 6.5" speakers, Alpine Type R sub with Alpine M500 amp, 15% Tint up front 5% in the back, Deckplate mod, Debadged, Bilstien 5100s, Wheelers 1.5"AAL, DDM 55w 6k Lights
    Im pretty sure this one will hit the second back seat.

4. Oct 8, 2010 at 10:34 PM
    Toyota Tacoma

Toyota Tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brady
    Kelowna, bc
    Vehicle:
    dbl cab long box
    Suspension: -Bilistien 5100's all around -Add a leaf -Firestone ride rite air bags Performance: -K&N cold air -Borla cat back Stereo: -Pioneer AVH-X2500BT head unit -Kenwood 1400 shallow mount 12'' sub in custom box -Alpine 1100 amp -Alpine 400 4 channel -4 energy component 6.5's Wheels/tires: -17x9 with 4.5 backspacing XD hoss rims with 33'' bfTreadwright gaurd dogs and spidertrax spacers Looks: -Satoshi grille made by myself -Hood, front bumper, grille, roof, tailgate and rear bumper plasti-dipped. -BHLM -eyelids -matted out tailights -Tacoma bed mat Small mods : -Trailer 7 pin replaced and moved into bumper beside licence plate -Removed mud flaps -Repainted frame/lower a-arms, skid and rear diff/housing with por15 -Led bulbs -Interior lights replaced with blue led's -Beep on lock added
    yea, not worth given up 2 seat for in my opinion

5. Oct 14, 2010 at 4:42 PM
    MowTaco

MowTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Kansas
    Vehicle:
    16 Chevrolet Silverado
    I have a question of about the same thing... figured I'd resurrect this thread rather than making a new one. Here is the box in question

http://www.halfpricecaraudio.com/To...e&utm_medium=base&utm_campaign=GoogleBaseFeed

It holds 2 12" subs (they also make a 10" version). I talked to them today and they say the seats are still completely functional. That's a lie because... well just look at it. There's no way the seats could still fold down. They also said it was strong enough to sit on and the subs are recessed into it when mounted, so they won't be damaged with weight on them. I had concern with head room, so I took a 9" tall bucket (the box is like 7.5" I think) out and sat on it on the rear seat deck. I was surprised how well I still fit... and I'm about 6'. So I'm thinking about ordering it and still using the box as a rear seat. Is this a horrible idea?

6. Oct 14, 2010 at 10:32 PM
    MowTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Kansas
    Vehicle:
    16 Chevrolet Silverado
    bump...

7. Oct 15, 2010 at 8:49 AM
    Killer

Killer Well-Known Member

Member:
    Mobile, Al.
    Vehicle:
    98 4x4 TRD V6 3.4L SR5 XCab Gold with Tan Int
    19,000 Original Miles, Factory Alarm, Factory Tow Package, Low Profile UWS Black Tool Box, 20ft. of Dynamat Xtreme, Pioneer Double Din DVD 3200BT, IPod Holder, Q Form Kick Panels, 3 Pairs of MB Quart component speakers, JL Audio Stealthbox, Alpine PDX-5 amp, PIAA Foglights, WeatherTech Floor Mats, Maxxis Big Horn Mud Tires 32 x 11.5 R x 15, Wet Okole Seat Cover for 60/40 Bench, 5100's Front & Rear, Wheeler's Single Leaf AAL, Warn 8,000 Winch, Warn Transformer Brush Guard, Stebel Nautilus Compact Horn
    According to their website, "the rear seat remains folded up and the box takes its spot."

That being said, I thought about this box before I bought my JL StealthBox. I like the idea of this box but, I just could not give up any backseat room.

8. Oct 15, 2010 at 4:25 PM
    MowTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Kansas
    Vehicle:
    16 Chevrolet Silverado
    I was planning on having people sit on it when I had to haul more than 1 person...

9. Oct 18, 2010 at 9:07 PM
    MowTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Kansas
    Vehicle:
    16 Chevrolet Silverado
    Nobody else has an opinion? My passengers won't go flying through the windshield on my speaker box in a head on crash??

Products Discussed in

To Top