1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need advice purchasing an Ipod car adapter

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Sunburst, Oct 12, 2010.

1. Oct 12, 2010 at 6:09 PM
    Sunburst

Sunburst [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    RC
    Headwaters of the Everglades
    Vehicle:
    Pyrite DC 4x4 Long Bed
    Revtek 3" lift, HID Headlights/Fogs, Tinted windows, Leather Seats, Weather Tech floor mats & Side Window deflectors, LED lights
    I purchased my son a 2006 Pre-Runner for his high school graduation back in May with the standard no frills Toyota AM/FM CD radio with no plug in for an MP3. His birthday is coming up and we picked up an Ipod Touch (Free with an Apple all in one computer purchase) and I would like to compliment the Ipod with a hook up to his truck.

I know nothing about MP3 and Ipods but what little I have read on this board, but what I have learned is if possible stay away from the FM broadcast units. I would like to pickup one we can wire directly into the back of the radio or the CD slot if I remember correctly.

Does anyone have a brand they would recommend that would help with the interface.

Thanks in advance...

RC

2. Oct 12, 2010 at 6:14 PM
    81shark

81shark Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2006 Base Access CP1
    Aftermarket head unit

3. Oct 12, 2010 at 6:15 PM
    flightcancled

flightcancled Addicted

Member:
    Syracuse NY/ Nantucket MA
    Camper top with racks, Custom fogs behind lower bumper. Interior LED lighting, Rock Lights, Hella 500s with upraged bulbs behind black billet grill, AAL, Front 5100s
  4. Oct 12, 2010 at 6:25 PM
    NelsonTacoma

NelsonTacoma This is my derpawayinator!!!!!

Member:
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner TRD Sport 03 4Runner Limited 4wd
    Bilstein 5100's , 6000k HID Hi/Low Kit, Magnaflow Muffler, 1.5 inch AP Wheel Spacers, Mudflap Delete
    You can pick up an aftermarket head unit with a built in iPod interface for about the same price as the USA-spec mentioned above. Plus the sound quality will be greatly improved.

I went through crutchfield.com and it came with a wiring harness and mounting kit. I bought a higher end unit but still only spent $234. The unit alone was $199. I saw lots other units for $100 or less plus free shipping.

Products Discussed in

To Top