Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

For you guys with double dins

Old 10-21-2010, 11:17 AM   #1
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
For you guys with double dins

i got the scosche double din dash kit, and was wondering if to mount the head unit are you guys using the plastic mounts or re-using the stock metal ones. i can post pics to clarify the brackets if needed
Old 10-21-2010, 11:31 AM   #2
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
I reused the metal brackets when I put in a pioneer avic x920bt. When I installed everything, it is tighter than a 2 year old back there, I needed the additional support.
Old 10-21-2010, 11:32 AM   #3
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by memario1214 View Post
I reused the metal brackets when I put in a pioneer avic x920bt. When I installed everything, it is tighter than a 2 year old back there, I needed the additional support.
haha ewh. would it rattle less than the plastic ones as well?
Old 10-21-2010, 12:27 PM   #4
bump
Old 10-21-2010, 12:29 PM   #5
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofords08 View Post
haha ewh. would it rattle less than the plastic ones as well?
Well the rattling for me isn't in the brackets... The only rattling I have is my black trim piece likes to rattle occasionally because it won't seat in the slots for the scosche kit the way the HU is sitting. I don't think which brackets you use makes any difference as to how much it rattles
Old 10-21-2010, 12:30 PM   #6
is it a bad rattle?
Old 10-21-2010, 12:33 PM   #7
ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!
Bama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bama_TACO's Tacoma Gallery
I used the factory metal brackets with my Pioneer Avic-X920BT. It is a good solid mount. The only thing about using these is the radio is pushed out more at the bottom than if you use the plastic mount, but it doesn't bother me at all.
Old 10-21-2010, 12:34 PM   #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama_TACO View Post
I used the factory metal brackets with my Pioneer Avic-X920BT. It is a good solid mount. The only thing about using these is the radio is pushed out more at the bottom than if you use the plastic mount, but it doesn't bother me at all.
i would thaink that might look cleaner?
Old 10-21-2010, 12:35 PM   #9
Vivid Illumination

No, I only notice it when the radio is turned down, if it is even rattling at all. I then just push on it a bit and it stops. I am thinking of putting some felt or something in there to alleviate the problem altogether though
Old 10-21-2010, 12:37 PM   #10
what about something like this?
Old 10-21-2010, 01:04 PM   #12
Quote:
Something like that would probably work too... Its just gotta be thin and pliable
i'll try it and do a write up and let you know
Old 10-21-2010, 01:23 PM   #13
Sounds Gooooood
ItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
ItalynStylion's Tacoma Gallery
May want to check out this thread I did on this exact topic. It will probably answer a lot of your questions or at least give you some ideas.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/aud...ing-right.html
Old 10-21-2010, 01:24 PM   #14
Sounds Gooooood
ItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I fucking hate this forum...why is it whenever I try and post a link from TW it just goes to the forum index? HAX!
Old 10-21-2010, 01:28 PM   #16
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalynStylion View Post
I fucking hate this forum...why is it whenever I try and post a link from TW it just goes to the forum index? HAX!
haha alright i was wondering what i was supposed to look for
Old 10-21-2010, 01:29 PM   #17
Quote:
Originally Posted by hookedontronics View Post
use the factory metal ones
sounds good speakers come today and hopefully the rings come today or tomorrow!
Old 10-21-2010, 01:30 PM   #18
Sounds Gooooood

Link should be fixed now.

And it wont really matter which brackets you use if you use them correctly. The metal ones are better for stability but then you also have to think about how much shock/vibration is being transmitted through the rigid metal. I used the plastic ones and added some pads for support and isolation.
Old 10-21-2010, 01:32 PM   #19
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i thought it was tighter than a 12 year old on a first date????
Old 10-21-2010, 01:34 PM   #20
thanks i will try the silicone, do you know what kind you used?