1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bongiovi DPS

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by freshman, Oct 29, 2010.

1. Oct 29, 2010 at 8:56 AM
    freshman

freshman [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
  2. Oct 29, 2010 at 9:08 AM
    ItalynStylion

ItalynStylion Sounds Gooooood

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    DFW, Tx.
    Vehicle:
    09 Double Cab TRD Sport 4x4
    Looks like an add on pre set EQ. It said "active" processing but that can't be the case without a microphone. There's no way that thing is taking real time measurements.

I don't doubt that with a little EQ work the stock system can sound better. However, I think the limitations of the hardware are really it's failure point.

Any idea how much that piece is? I'm thinking it's not worth it. I'd love to hear it in action though and do an A/B comparison.

3. Nov 3, 2010 at 10:35 AM
    FamouzStarz

FamouzStarz The illest taco

Member:
    Vehicle:
    21 TRD PRO
    ICON Build and then some
    i know this giovi system was first implemented in jvc units as a stereo upgrade for i think some car manufacture but i dont recall which one but any how they carried those units on crutchfield and sold out of the pretty quick but i think it samples during the setup and configures the sound to the vehicle cabin if im not mistaken, but anyhow from what i read these little booger decks where pretty awesome, i missed getting a unit by a day last year when i was shopping around.

4. Nov 3, 2010 at 11:23 AM
    ItalynStylion

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    DFW, Tx.
    Vehicle:
    No way it configures it to the cabin in real time. Without a microphone how the hell does it know what your system sounds like?

5. Nov 3, 2010 at 12:10 PM
    FamouzStarz

Member:
    Vehicle:
    21 TRD PRO
    ICON Build and then some
  6. Nov 3, 2010 at 12:47 PM
    ItalynStylion

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    DFW, Tx.
    Vehicle:
    Right...it's a one size fits all for your particular vehicle. And it will ONLY work as intended (if it indeed does work) if you have all stock speakers.

7. Nov 4, 2010 at 1:08 PM
    FamouzStarz

Member:
    Vehicle:
    21 TRD PRO
    ICON Build and then some
    :rolleyes: either way i dont think stylion is sold on the dps

8. Nov 4, 2010 at 3:35 PM
    ItalynStylion

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    DFW, Tx.
    Vehicle:
  9. Apr 28, 2011 at 10:07 AM
    Norcan

Norcan What we don't have we make.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jerry
    Elora, ON Canada
    Vehicle:
    11 Tacoma Double Cab TRD
    Bakflip F1, BakBox, Sportwing Colour matched door mouldings, Weathertech floor liners, Toyota running boards,Toyota Hood Deflector,Pop N Lock power tailgate lock, Custom Otterbox defender mount for IPhone 4, Blu Logic Large button kit, BonGiovi DPS, fog light on with parking light low beam and high beam mod, TRD Exhaust, Muth heated signal mirrors, Liquid Metal Rhino Wheels in Black!, Redline Elite hoodlifts, EZ down tailgate,
    For what it is worth. I sat in two different Taco's one with the DPS and the other without. Same truck otherwise! Same cd same song etc. You can really hear a difference. Not sure if I will pay for the upgrade but it is tempting. It is plug and play. Tuned to your Model spec. Don't pay the dealer to install unless you have no clue at all. It is a couple of plugs and a mounting.

Here is a link for those you want more.
    http://www.bongioviacoustics.com/products-car-toyota.php

10. Jul 7, 2011 at 5:06 PM
    Norcan

Member:
    First Name:
    Jerry
    Elora, ON Canada
    Vehicle:
    11 Tacoma Double Cab TRD
    Bakflip F1, BakBox, Sportwing Colour matched door mouldings, Weathertech floor liners, Toyota running boards,Toyota Hood Deflector,Pop N Lock power tailgate lock, Custom Otterbox defender mount for IPhone 4, Blu Logic Large button kit, BonGiovi DPS, fog light on with parking light low beam and high beam mod, TRD Exhaust, Muth heated signal mirrors, Liquid Metal Rhino Wheels in Black!, Redline Elite hoodlifts, EZ down tailgate,
    I just installed the Bon Giovi DPS in my 2011 Tacoma Double Cab TRD and it sounds good!!!! I have the instructions in PDF if anyone needs them just PM me.

11. Oct 9, 2011 at 4:06 PM
    Martigan

Martigan Member

Member:
    Hey everyone,new to this.I just bought my 2011 tacoma,4x4,access cab that i've always wanted (saved up forever..lol) i love it...but the sound is so...quite.When i listen to the radio it's fine and MOST cd's (burned ones and "real" ones) but when i hook up my ipod either threw the aux jack or tansmitter,the sound can be max on the ipod and the truck deck and it's too quite.It's alright but when i turn up the sound,i want it loud you know!! lol.My old ride never had this issues (just have factory speakers and deck) I'm not some crazy car guy or want some pimped out ride,lol but i do enjoy my music loud,just let anyone else.so i was wondering if this DPS would fix my problem...is it worth it? has anyone else had this problem etc

any info would be welcomed,thanks

12. Oct 15, 2011 at 5:40 AM
    khx73

khx73 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Saint John NB, CAN
    Vehicle:
    11 MGM DCLB TRD Sport +leather
    Rear camera anytime switch, 4x4 Illuminated Switch (from rcbs204) , rear view mirror lift bracket (from ImMrYo), 75 cent tailgate anti-theft. Technically not mods but give me a break I'm trying to fill space here... OEM Leather pkg, keyless unlock & ACC chime silence, BakFlip G2, Ultra Gauge EM, WeatherTech floor mats, OEM roof rack
    I have the Bongiovi DPS installed in my '11 TRD Sport. It sounds good. It would be nice to have some user-level tweaks, though. Occasionally it seems to enhance the bass a bit too much for the music, but for the most part it does a good job.

I would have liked to hear the demo my dealer had set up with an on/off switch on the DPS on a show vehicle. But, unfortunately it was long gone when I was shopping.

Good article for anyone interested: http://autos.sympatico.ca/features/7356/sound-move-how-canadians-invented-a-toyota-part

13. Oct 16, 2011 at 8:45 AM
    Norcan

Member:
    First Name:
    Jerry
    Elora, ON Canada
    Vehicle:
    11 Tacoma Double Cab TRD
    I can't seem to attach the PDF here. So those who would like a copy of the instruction please PM your email address and what PDF you want. I also have the blu tooth large button instructions.

For those with the Blutooth you must connect the DPS directly to the HU and the Blutooth after it. Just FYI

Products Discussed in

To Top