Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Bongiovi DPS

Old 10-29-2010, 09:56 AM   #1
freshman is a name known to allfreshman is a name known to allfreshman is a name known to allfreshman is a name known to allfreshman is a name known to allfreshman is a name known to all
freshman's Tacoma Gallery
Bongiovi DPS

http://www.toyota.ca/cgi-bin/WebObje...900070e%2ehtml

anybody installed this? Looks promising....
Old 10-29-2010, 10:08 AM   #2
Sounds Gooooood
ItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
ItalynStylion's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like an add on pre set EQ. It said "active" processing but that can't be the case without a microphone. There's no way that thing is taking real time measurements.

I don't doubt that with a little EQ work the stock system can sound better. However, I think the limitations of the hardware are really it's failure point.

Any idea how much that piece is? I'm thinking it's not worth it. I'd love to hear it in action though and do an A/B comparison.
Old 11-03-2010, 11:35 AM   #3
FJ FTW!
southern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shed

southern_x's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalynStylion View Post
Looks like an add on pre set EQ. It said "active" processing but that can't be the case without a microphone. There's no way that thing is taking real time measurements.

I don't doubt that with a little EQ work the stock system can sound better. However, I think the limitations of the hardware are really it's failure point.

Any idea how much that piece is? I'm thinking it's not worth it. I'd love to hear it in action though and do an A/B comparison.
i know this giovi system was first implemented in jvc units as a stereo upgrade for i think some car manufacture but i dont recall which one but any how they carried those units on crutchfield and sold out of the pretty quick but i think it samples during the setup and configures the sound to the vehicle cabin if im not mistaken, but anyhow from what i read these little booger decks where pretty awesome, i missed getting a unit by a day last year when i was shopping around.
Old 11-03-2010, 12:23 PM   #4
Sounds Gooooood
ItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shed

No way it configures it to the cabin in real time. Without a microphone how the hell does it know what your system sounds like?
Old 11-03-2010, 12:31 PM   #5
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
It looks like they calibrate it for your vehicle when you get it installed.
Old 11-03-2010, 01:47 PM   #7
Sounds Gooooood

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
It looks like they calibrate it for your vehicle when you get it installed.
Right...it's a one size fits all for your particular vehicle. And it will ONLY work as intended (if it indeed does work) if you have all stock speakers.
Old 11-04-2010, 02:00 PM   #8
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalynStylion View Post
Right...it's a one size fits all for your particular vehicle. And it will ONLY work as intended (if it indeed does work) if you have all stock speakers.
No I think they actually get into your vehicle and tune to your vehicle.
Old 11-04-2010, 02:08 PM   #9
FJ FTW!
southern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shed

southern_x's Tacoma Gallery
either way i dont think stylion is sold on the dps
Old 11-04-2010, 04:35 PM   #10
Sounds Gooooood

Old 04-28-2011, 11:07 AM   #11
What we don't have we make.
Norcan is on a distinguished road

Name: Jerry
Norcan's Tacoma Gallery
For what it is worth. I sat in two different Taco's one with the DPS and the other without. Same truck otherwise! Same cd same song etc. You can really hear a difference. Not sure if I will pay for the upgrade but it is tempting. It is plug and play. Tuned to your Model spec. Don't pay the dealer to install unless you have no clue at all. It is a couple of plugs and a mounting.

Here is a link for those you want more.
http://www.bongioviacoustics.com/pro...car-toyota.php
Old 10-09-2011, 05:06 PM   #13
Martigan is on a distinguished road
Martigan's Tacoma Gallery
Sound issues

Hey everyone,new to this.I just bought my 2011 tacoma,4x4,access cab that i've always wanted (saved up forever..lol) i love it...but the sound is so...quite.When i listen to the radio it's fine and MOST cd's (burned ones and "real" ones) but when i hook up my ipod either threw the aux jack or tansmitter,the sound can be max on the ipod and the truck deck and it's too quite.It's alright but when i turn up the sound,i want it loud you know!! lol.My old ride never had this issues (just have factory speakers and deck) I'm not some crazy car guy or want some pimped out ride,lol but i do enjoy my music loud,just let anyone else.so i was wondering if this DPS would fix my problem...is it worth it? has anyone else had this problem etc

any info would be welcomed,thanks
Old 10-15-2011, 06:40 AM   #14
khx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

khx73's Tacoma Gallery
I have the Bongiovi DPS installed in my '11 TRD Sport. It sounds good. It would be nice to have some user-level tweaks, though. Occasionally it seems to enhance the bass a bit too much for the music, but for the most part it does a good job.

I would have liked to hear the demo my dealer had set up with an on/off switch on the DPS on a show vehicle. But, unfortunately it was long gone when I was shopping.

Good article for anyone interested: http://autos.sympatico.ca/features/7...-a-toyota-part
Old 10-16-2011, 09:45 AM   #15
What we don't have we make.
Norcan is on a distinguished road

Name: Jerry
Norcan's Tacoma Gallery
I can't seem to attach the PDF here. So those who would like a copy of the instruction please PM your email address and what PDF you want. I also have the blu tooth large button instructions.

For those with the Blutooth you must connect the DPS directly to the HU and the Blutooth after it. Just FYI