1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Polk Audio,Pioneer,Rockford, JL Audio.

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Mod, Nov 14, 2010.

1. Nov 14, 2010 at 2:53 AM
    Mod

Mod [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    CR, WA
    Vehicle:
    1999 8 port 3RZ 4WD SR5
    stock
    Installed the Polk Audio DB651 in the doors and rear speaker area. Not the slimline DB651's, just the regular 651's. a bit of a pain on a 1st gen but do-able. Scoshe adapter plates are crap,,brittle little basdards that warp like crazy when tightened to the speaker. still had to use them and "dremel fit" a little bit so the speaker assemblys would slide into the door panel grill area. all day yesterday modding stuff to fit, been awhile since I did a install,,lol.

Heading down to the shop soon to install the Pioneer 6200 deck and RF Punch 400x4 amp.

2. Nov 15, 2010 at 9:00 AM
    Mod

Member:
    CR, WA
    Vehicle:
    1999 8 port 3RZ 4WD SR5
    stock
    Got everything installed and it rocks,,the only hitch was that I ordered the rca cables a bit to short. Who would have thought that 6.5 feet would not reach from the dash, across the firewall, down the door sill, to under the pass seat, I thought it would have been more than enough.

Ordered all my stuff thru Sonic Electronics and saved about $400 versus the competitor. I had ordered a JL Audio non ported 10" sub truck box but failed to see that it was on backorder. Sonic Electronics fired off this email to me. It apparently went to my junk box for some reason. Probably a comp generated email, but still nice to see this kind of customer service. Thanks Sonic!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dear Keith
    Thank you for your order and trust in our company. It is unfortunate and rare when an email such as this is sent, but it has been 3 business days since your order was placed and we still have yet to provide a tracking number. We apologize for the insufficient inventory and we would like to offer an upgrade or similarly priced model in exchange for your backordered product.

You are in no way obligated to accept our offer, and you may continue to wait for your item to arrive back in stock or cancel your order and we will void or refund your payment.

Please let us know what you prefer:

1. A phone call with details regarding potential substitution/upgrade offers* 2. An e-mail with details regarding potential substitution/upgrade offers* 3. Wait for the product to arrive again** 4. Cancel your order and void or refund your payment.***

*Upgrades: When we offer upgrades, we really will try to get you a BETTER product at the same price. Upgrades will consist of a more feature-rich or more expensive product, and we will typically offer more than one upgrade for you to choose from. At times we can only offer upgrades at an additional charge if the difference in prices is too great.

**Waiting: If you choose to wait for your product to arrive back in our inventory, but we later find it is discontinued and completely unavailable, we will contact you via e-mail or phone with further instructions or offers.

***Cancellation: If you cancel your order you will receive 100% of your money back. We never want you to feel like we are "holding the hostage" or refusing to refund you.

Sincerely,

Customer Care Department
    Sonic Electronix
    1-877-289-7664

3. Nov 17, 2010 at 12:22 PM
    Mod

Member:
    CR, WA
    Vehicle:
    1999 8 port 3RZ 4WD SR5
    stock
    If you set your amp gains to your usuall listening level, do they have to be reset if your listening level changes to a higher volume setting??,, or is it a set it and forget it??.

4. Nov 17, 2010 at 12:26 PM
    macgyver

macgyver Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    Canton, GA
    Vehicle:
    '13 Tundra double cab SR5 4x4

Typically set your gain based on the max volume is what I have been told. I turned mine up to a little above max listening level, then turned up my gain until I started hearing the speakers distort, then turned it back down a few notches from that level. I also did this with a few different types of music to make sure I didn't get any distortion on a song that might have more bass than others.

5. Nov 17, 2010 at 12:59 PM
    Mod

Member:
    CR, WA
    Vehicle:
    1999 8 port 3RZ 4WD SR5
    stock
    Ok, Cool. that's exactly how I went about it setting them.

Thanks!

6. Nov 21, 2010 at 8:00 AM
    Mod

Member:
    CR, WA
    Vehicle:
    1999 8 port 3RZ 4WD SR5
    stock
    TOYOTA001_a2467fbd32a0582c77e8d62c8c7c17cc2b0e00bb.jpg
    Finally recieved my JL sub, christmas in November, thanks to Sonic Electronics.

TOYOTA002_895ce9d1711f81def08effa97e745a208cff7257.jpg
    This is the 10" CS110TG-W1v2 non ported, plenty of bump, nice and crisp. They still have 1 left in stock.

TOYOTA003_2858cc5f3a9cd951d28fcf2789258b0010d8ec4a.jpg
    Rule#1-research everything before you get crazy with the trim removal tools. These little buggers cost $3 per. I cracked 3 before realizing how eazy they are to remove,,duhhhh!.

All the rest of the pics were crap, these were the only ones that survived. tried to resize to the forum page width, but they over extended anyways.

A little bit of eye candy FWIW.

7. Nov 21, 2010 at 8:26 AM
    zeroendless

zeroendless Well-Known Member

Member:
    Dallas, TX
    Stock
    The CS110TG-W1v2 fits ok? its' a 2nd gen dc?

8. Nov 21, 2010 at 8:49 AM
    Mod

Member:
    CR, WA
    Vehicle:
    1999 8 port 3RZ 4WD SR5
    stock
    1st gen SR5 (Xtra) Cab, 2 door. riding on the jump seat area.

9. May 8, 2014 at 3:19 PM
    Mod

Member:
    CR, WA
    Vehicle:
    1999 8 port 3RZ 4WD SR5
    stock
    Ok so, thread reload!!

Finally popped another rear speaker, so down to one and the sub.

Sonic Electronics to the rescue again with 4 new marine grade PA DB651 thick mounts. Really liked the sound of the Polks compared to the hundreds of thousands of others I have heard:rolleyes:. They lasted 3+ years, which is really good for me and my varying levels of amplitude and artist's.

Traded in some Sonic bucks that were sitting there not doing much, so it brought the price down.

Would have changed out the fronts earlier, except that they are a MF'r to do.

Products Discussed in

To Top