Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Pioneer 3200BT purchase from Crutchfield

Old 11-20-2010, 05:50 PM   #1
JGUT will become famous soon enough
JGUT's Tacoma Gallery
Pioneer 3200BT purchase from Crutchfield

Well the prices on Crutchfield were close to the one's on ebay so I went ahead and bought the Pioneer double din 3200BT model for only $339. The model without bluetooth was $39 cheaper but I decided to pay the difference, still at $299 w/free shipping and install kit, the Pioneer 3200DVD is a steal.
Old 11-20-2010, 05:52 PM   #2
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGUT View Post
Well the prices on Crutchfield were close to the one's on ebay so I went ahead and bought the Pioneer double din 3200BT model for only $339. The model without bluetooth was $39 cheaper but I decided to pay the difference, still at $299 w/free shipping and install kit, the Pioneer 3200DVD is a steal.

That is a deal, and a great HU. That's what I installed in mine a few months back.
Old 11-20-2010, 06:05 PM   #3
JGUT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by t4daddy View Post
That is a deal, and a great HU. That's what I installed in mine a few months back.
Have any pics? I'm wondering how it looks once installed. I have a p.o.s. Jensen in there right now and there's a lot of gaps on the side of the unit and it doesn't have that clean install look. The jensen has been acting up on me, it seems possesed.
Old 11-20-2010, 06:17 PM   #4
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Here are a couple of crappy cell pics, but maybe you can get the idea.
Attached Thumbnails
Pioneer 3200BT purchase from Crutchfield-photo.jpg   Pioneer 3200BT purchase from Crutchfield-photo-3-.jpg  
Old 11-20-2010, 07:16 PM   #5
JGUT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Those are good pics, thanks a lot. I can see it fits much better in there. Since my Jensen has a motorized face I guess that's why the installer wasn't able to put in the piece of trim. From looking at your pics I can tell you are able to use the trim. My dashboard is the same color, silver. Thanks.
Old 11-20-2010, 07:23 PM   #6

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Just use the metal brackets from your stock HU, and your good to go. The only thing I have a problem with is, it's not hard to slide a disc through the trim (above where it goes) and have it fall into your dash. I've done it a time or two. But, just pop off the face trim and fish it out.
Old 11-20-2010, 07:57 PM   #7
HarryTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHarryTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHarryTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHarryTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHarryTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHarryTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHarryTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHarryTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHarryTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHarryTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHarryTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
HarryTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Nice looking HU. Do you use an iPod? If so, can you use a regular USB adapter with the HU? Will it play videos off your iPod?
Old 11-20-2010, 08:16 PM   #8

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryTaco View Post
Nice looking HU. Do you use an iPod? If so, can you use a regular USB adapter with the HU? Will it play videos off your iPod?

Yes, if you look close there is a littte door that covers the USB port. I use my iPhone with a USB cord,or a thumb drive. There is also a slot for a SD card and a mini headphone jack. However, it will not play vids with out a certain other cord, (around $30.00, I think) for videos. But I just burn live concerts and play those. It's pretty cool watching your favorite artist perform. You WILL have to bypass the E-brake thingy if you want to roll and watch vids, which is no big deal, just wire in a cheap relay, search YouTube for it, it's all over the place.
Old 01-03-2011, 07:13 AM   #9
I came. I saw. I conquered.
steved411 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteved411 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteved411 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteved411 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteved411 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteved411 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteved411 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteved411 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteved411 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteved411 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteved411 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
steved411's Tacoma Gallery
I just order mine via Amazon and got it installed over the weekend... love the radio but for the life of me I can't figure out how to set the "preset" stations.. It's doing it for me via the "BSM" but the owners manual says:

"Touch and hold one of the preset tun-
ing keys to store the selected frequency in
the memory.
The selected radio station frequency has been
stored in the memory."

When I do that, it just cycles through all the presets already stored on that FM band.... anyone else run into this?

Also, what's the CUSTOM section under settings? Again the manual says you can "customize each screen" however when I do what the manual says, nothing happens.. LOL

Steve
Old 01-03-2011, 11:54 AM   #10
Pat C is on a distinguished road
Name: Patrick
Pat C's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Looks great where did you get the trim piece that goes around unit, and is that unit equiped with gps?