1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

XM with Alpine Head units (Possible???)

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by MotoXFreeStyle61, Aug 6, 2008.

1. Aug 6, 2008 at 2:19 PM
    MotoXFreeStyle61

MotoXFreeStyle61 [OP] Displaced Texan

Member:
    San Antonio TX
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner SR5 4Cyl, Access Cab, 5
    Black Head Light Mod, Tacoma All Weather Mats, ScanGauge II, Tonnaeu Bed Cover, 40% Tint, Added Fog Lights, 600W x 1 Alpine MRP-M650 Amp, Alpine 10" Type-R SWR-1022D Sub, Secondary Air Filter Removed, Day Time Running Lights, K&N Drop In Air Filter (oiled), Westin Bullbar (Black Powder), Alpine IVA-W505 w/Nav, JL Audio 6.5" Front Speakers, Toyota SR5 Seat Covers, 2.5" Toytec Spacer
    I've looked up and down the internet on hooking up XM Sat Radio with my Alpine IVA-W505 with really no luck. The manual describes in detail for Sirius Sat but vaguely mentions XM. It is possible, but it doesn't say what to buy or what to get for it to work. I've been on the Alpine website and it just seems like they are only endorsing Sirius. I might just have to wait for the Sirius and XM merge to get completed before I can really hook up Sat Radio to my Head unit. Any suggesstions?

2. Aug 6, 2008 at 5:00 PM
    b335i

b335i Active Member

Member:
    Socal
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD sport
    You can do it, not sure exactly how....I am looking to get a 505 for my new truck. How do you like it? Do you have any pics?

3. Aug 6, 2008 at 5:33 PM
    MotoXFreeStyle61

Member:
    San Antonio TX
    Vehicle:
    Black Head Light Mod, Tacoma All Weather Mats, ScanGauge II, Tonnaeu Bed Cover, 40% Tint, Added Fog Lights, 600W x 1 Alpine MRP-M650 Amp, Alpine 10" Type-R SWR-1022D Sub, Secondary Air Filter Removed, Day Time Running Lights, K&N Drop In Air Filter (oiled), Westin Bullbar (Black Powder), Alpine IVA-W505 w/Nav, JL Audio 6.5" Front Speakers, Toyota SR5 Seat Covers, 2.5" Toytec Spacer

I love it, I havent gotten around to taking pics of it yet. I'm getting the Blackbird II on friday so I will take some pictures then.

I've seen that XM mini tuner. I talked to Crutchfield about it since I bought my IVA-W505 from them and they said that it wouldn't work. I don't know why though, I just don't want to drop the money for it and it not work. I guess if I order it from them anyways and it doesn't work I could return it. Thanks for the replies.

4. Aug 6, 2008 at 5:45 PM
    MotoXFreeStyle61

Member:
    San Antonio TX
    Vehicle:

Products Discussed in

To Top