1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

taco tunes sub box

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by ARKTaco, Nov 30, 2010.

1. Nov 30, 2010 at 8:32 PM
    ARKTaco

ARKTaco [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    little rock ar
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC off-road pre-runner
    Does anyone on here use the taco tunes sub box? I was lookin at the box for the solo baric 8" and wasn't sure about the fitment. If at all possible i would like to keep the plastic back on my rear seat in my double cab. Anyone have experience with these? thanks

2. Dec 1, 2010 at 8:37 AM
    Lurkin

Lurkin Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rod
    Pearland, TX
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner SR5 DC
    I had my 8" L7 in a small truck box, see link,:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/buy-sell-trade/126060-kicker-solo-baric-sub-s8l7-small-box.html

behind both the driver and passenger side rear seat for the last year and a half, seat back plastic was in place with no interferance. Just had to remove/trim the rear bin.

No specific info on the Taco Tunes box, but I am using a soundoffaudio box now with a 10" Arc Audio sub, also with no interferance. You might check if the height/width of the TT box and the SOA box are the same. If so, shouldn't be a problem. The 8" Solo doesn't have that much excursion past the mount flange.

3. Jun 19, 2013 at 4:01 AM
    TRD Toy85

TRD Toy85 Well-Known Member

Member:
    CT
    Vehicle:
    loaded 2013 TRD sport
    Bump , I'm interested in the taco tunes box aswell . What has to be trimmed to fit this box , and can it be played with the seat in the up position ? Its really tight back there almost looks like you would need to keep the seat down ...

4. Jun 19, 2013 at 6:09 AM
    TRD Toy85

TRD Toy85 Well-Known Member

Member:
    CT
    Vehicle:
    loaded 2013 TRD sport
    Wow there's lots of taco tunes bashing , I've got to look into it more . I could easly make my own box but I just don't have time right now unless I wait till the fall .

I've got a pm to mr marv , hopefully he has something that will for my needs .

5. Jun 19, 2013 at 2:09 PM
    theallpowerfuljon

theallpowerfuljon Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Wichita, KS
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off-Road 15 T4R Limited
    I ordered a few things on June 9th and e-mailed ********* on the 17th requesting a status update, as I'd received a tracking number but no movement.

An hour ago, I filed a dispute with PayPal and requested a full refund. The rep/owner instantly responded to the claim and politely asked me to refuse the package when it shows up, and apologized for the delay. Both items I'd ordered were stock items, but I wound up ordering them from Amazon instead. I still have no idea when it will arrive.

I do try to buy from the small online shops as opposed to the 'big business' sites like Amazon, etc... but it's difficult when the communication is poor, and I can overnight stuff from Amazon for 3 bux. A simple response within a couple of days to my original e-mail would have been more than sufficient, and I would have completely understood and waited the extra time.

So, I'm on the fence. I do not want to 'bash' *********, but I also wouldn't recommend them from a post-purchase point of view.

Products Discussed in

To Top