Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Best 10" Inch subs?

Old 11-30-2010, 08:51 PM   #1
Failure is the result of letting setbacks stop you
MedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
MedlinAround's Tacoma Gallery
Best 10" Inch subs?

I am in the process of building a fiberglass box to put behind my back seats and was wondering whats your alls favorite 10" subs? I have a Memphis 12" right now but looking to get 2 10"s so i can get more beat/rhythm. What do you all like?
Old 11-30-2010, 08:59 PM   #2
Nightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Felipe
Nightstr's Tacoma Gallery
I heard Type R were great subs...
Old 11-30-2010, 09:02 PM   #3
Roll Tide!
travis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
travis9287's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to travis9287
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightstr View Post
I heard Type R were great subs...
X2!
Old 11-30-2010, 09:02 PM   #4
cameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to behold

Name: cameron
cameronlane's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.imagedynamicsusa.com/prod...hp?Family_Id=4
I have one of these now hooked up to 1500w amp - thing is loud - You would only need one... I cant even get it above 50% bass before my my eyes shake. literally.

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/produ...n_US&p_status=
Used to have one of these and to be honest i like my image dynamic better.
Old 11-30-2010, 09:06 PM   #6
Hot Steppa
pinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pinktaco808's Tacoma Gallery
jlw7
Old 11-30-2010, 09:08 PM   #7
Nightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Felipe
Nightstr's Tacoma Gallery
How much was the imagedynamic?
Old 11-30-2010, 09:09 PM   #8
MedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shed

What about solo barec? I've heard good things about the type r
Old 11-30-2010, 09:10 PM   #9

Jlw7 little bit more then i wanna spend
Old 11-30-2010, 09:15 PM   #10
Bam-Ba-Lam
Detective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Aerospace Ground Equipment Mechanic
Name: Jason
Detective_Dan's Tacoma Gallery
FI, Memphis, JL, or Rockford Fosgate are some of the best subs you can buy. i had two memphis pr-12's in my old car and i played them hard on a daily basis for almost 2 years. no problems at all. memphis is very loud, very clear bass, if you pair the subs with the amp made for them. also, they are competition subs
Old 11-30-2010, 09:18 PM   #11
Bam-Ba-Lam
Detective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

i know this video says these are memphis mojo's, but they are m3's
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FvSCLtGeSk?fs=1
and here is a video of my memphis pr's in my old car
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCQVp8VIJ5U?fs=1
Old 11-30-2010, 09:22 PM   #12

yeah but thats just dumb, i wanna be able to hear my music
Old 11-30-2010, 09:23 PM   #13
cameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to behold

Name: cameron
cameronlane's Tacoma Gallery
my image dynamic was about $400
Old 11-30-2010, 09:24 PM   #14
Bam-Ba-Lam

you will be able to hear it, i had those 2 memphis 12's and yea they were loud but i had polk audio door speakers. if you get one 10" sub, either memphis, jk, fi, or rockford fosgate, you will be just fine. i worked with my uncle at his audio shop over 3 summer breaks when i was in high school, and trust me ive seen it all. ive even seen a chevy s10 slammed to the ground with the whole bed full of 10, 12, and 15" subs
Old 11-30-2010, 09:29 PM   #15
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
I love Rockford Fosgates!
Old 11-30-2010, 09:29 PM   #16
Hot Steppa
pinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pinktaco808's Tacoma Gallery
that box looks small for the 4 15
Old 11-30-2010, 09:32 PM   #17

haha that would be crazy. Alright. Type R, Memphis, Solo Barec, are all around 115 or so. Just looking for the nicest sounding bang for my buck. Not looking to spend to much but a buddy of mine said he had 2 solo barecs and loved them. But my memphis has been nothing but wonderful the past 3 years and i've heard nothing but good about JL and Type R's lol
Old 11-30-2010, 09:36 PM   #18
iKill
mgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SGT (ret.), 0311, 1st Battalion 6th Marines
mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cameronlane View Post
http://www.imagedynamicsusa.com/prod...hp?Family_Id=4
I have one of these now hooked up to 1500w amp - thing is loud - You would only need one... I cant even get it above 50% bass before my my eyes shake. literally.

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/produ...n_US&p_status=
Used to have one of these and to be honest i like my image dynamic better.
x2 for image dynamics. I actually dont even have their subs, or any at all. I just have their speakers and an amp and my set up sounds better than what other guys sub systems do. I couldnt imagine what a set of ID subs was like, too much for me to handle
Old 11-30-2010, 10:00 PM   #19
Taco4Fish has a brilliant futureTaco4Fish has a brilliant futureTaco4Fish has a brilliant futureTaco4Fish has a brilliant futureTaco4Fish has a brilliant futureTaco4Fish has a brilliant futureTaco4Fish has a brilliant futureTaco4Fish has a brilliant futureTaco4Fish has a brilliant futureTaco4Fish has a brilliant futureTaco4Fish has a brilliant future
Name: j
Taco4Fish's Tacoma Gallery
YOU CAN'T SAY "WHICH IS THE BEST SUB" there are many variables involved like your amp, ohms, watts, Box.

Start with how much power you have "RMS watts", from there then figure out how much space you will have for a box, then figure out what you wanna tune your box to 35hz is average. Then calculate box volume with port displacement. From there then you start looking for a sub You want a sub that will perform it the environment you want, look at woofer specs and match it to the space and power you have.

So i see you mentioned two 10", can you fit 2 10's in there right spec enclosures? Just because you have two subs doesnt mean it will be louder. One 10" sub in a ported box to the sub's specs will out perform two 10" crammed together in a box.

When i had my 10" sub in my camry it was a DC Level 3 had it on a Sundown SAE-1200D. So 600rms @ 2ohm going to the sub. To me was loud enough 139db i would of gladly kept running this sub in my truck but it would take to much space. Now im doing a set up with 8" which hopefully if I do things right will have the same output as my DC.

the type-R to me is over priced your paying for the name just like pioneer/kenwood/alpine/RockFord. Look at DC sound lab, Sundown, SSA......... or check out Steve Meade's forum alot of helpful info. The smaller companies have better products, better prices and proven.

well hope this helps, good luck!
Old 11-30-2010, 10:09 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco4Fish View Post
YOU CAN'T SAY "WHICH IS THE BEST SUB" there are many variables involved like your amp, ohms, watts, Box.

Start with how much power you have "RMS watts", from there then figure out how much space you will have for a box, then figure out what you wanna tune your box to 35hz is average. Then calculate box volume with port displacement. From there then you start looking for a sub You want a sub that will perform it the environment you want, look at woofer specs and match it to the space and power you have.

So i see you mentioned two 10", can you fit 2 10's in there right spec enclosures? Just because you have two subs doesnt mean it will be louder. One 10" sub in a ported box to the sub's specs will out perform two 10" crammed together in a box.

When i had my 10" sub in my camry it was a DC Level 3 had it on a Sundown SAE-1200D. So 600rms @ 2ohm going to the sub. To me was loud enough 139db i would of gladly kept running this sub in my truck but it would take to much space. Now im doing a set up with 8" which hopefully if I do things right will have the same output as my DC.

the type-R to me is over priced your paying for the name just like pioneer/kenwood/alpine/RockFord. Look at DC sound lab, Sundown, SSA......... or check out Steve Meade's forum alot of helpful info. The smaller companies have better products, better prices and proven.

well hope this helps, good luck!

Thanks a lot for the info man. I understand completely about the entire airspace and which speaker will perform the best within that airspace and etc. I found this design someone posted that they made and it looks pretty good.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/att...gn-box-end.jpg