Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

XM radio with stock stereo options

Old 08-08-2008, 08:33 PM   #1
Flyin' Squirrel is a jewel in the roughFlyin' Squirrel is a jewel in the roughFlyin' Squirrel is a jewel in the roughFlyin' Squirrel is a jewel in the rough

Flyin' Squirrel's Tacoma Gallery
XM radio with stock stereo options

I currently have an XM reciever (Delphi Roadie XT) in my 06 Tacoma with stock (non-JBL, 6 disc) stereo and was wondering if I have any options for getting better sound quality. It is using the FM transmitter and it sounds worse than regular FM radio, almost as bad as AM. Is there any way to hardwire it to the Tacoma's stock head unit? I don't really want to upgrade the head unit just to get satellite radio. Anyone got any advice?
Old 12-12-2008, 11:41 PM   #2
tacomaniacmatt is on a distinguished road

tacomaniacmatt's Tacoma Gallery
my advice would be if you really wanted to keep stock everything...you can take the cd input i am pretty sure, thats wut ipod hookups that you buy do, they take the cd players input.

only downside is u couldnt listen to cd"s anymore, good thing is just hit the cd button and u have crystal clear radio..
Old 06-12-2010, 11:46 AM   #3
zkdawg is on a distinguished road

Name: zach
zkdawg's Tacoma Gallery
bump
Old 06-12-2010, 12:03 PM   #4
waynesworld will become famous soon enoughwaynesworld will become famous soon enough
Name: wayne
waynesworld's Tacoma Gallery
i have a xm on mine , except i don't use fm transmitter on my 05 , the only way 2 get direct connect is buy a new head unit
Old 06-14-2010, 09:42 AM   #5

zkdawg's Tacoma Gallery
ok thx, i figured there was something out there like the ipod connection
Old 06-14-2010, 09:51 AM   #6
kryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kryten's Tacoma Gallery
I have a Sirius Starmate 4 receiver that I wired to the stock 6-disc CD changer deck. To accomplish this I bought the TOY03-AUX unit and the iS75. With these two I have my sirus receiver wired to the deck and still have an additional 3.5mm jack for my mp3 player and also an ipod connector available. In your case all you need is the TOY03-AUX unit. Got all my stuff from discountcarstereo and it arrived up here in Canada in less than a week. You will also need a RCA to 3.5mm cable for a few bucks.

http://www.discountcarstereo.com/detail.aspx?ID=548

http://www.discountcarstereo.com/detail.aspx?ID=896
Old 06-14-2010, 09:57 AM   #7
kryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kryten's Tacoma Gallery
The TOY03-AUX uses the external cd changer 12pin plug on the back of your deck. If you do it this way you will sacrifice 1 disc and will end up with a 5-disc cd changer. First disc will be used as AUX input.
Old 06-16-2010, 06:03 PM   #8

zkdawg's Tacoma Gallery
ok thx, i dont have the 6 disc changer i only have the 1. but im just going to wait till i get a headunit